What classes count to your overal science GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lesh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody!
I was just wondering what exactly counts to our overall science GPA when podiatry schools calculate it? I'm trying to get a good feel for exactly what I'm at as far as my sGPA. I wasn't sure if the classes such as chemistry, physics, and math are counted as science credits? Any input would help, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everybody!
I was just wondering what exactly counts to our overall science GPA when podiatry schools calculate it? I'm trying to get a good feel for exactly what I'm at as far as my sGPA. I wasn't sure if the classes such as chemistry, physics, and math are counted as science credits? Any input would help, thanks!
I don't remember the AACPMAS that well, but it should be whatever courses you list under Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or Math. Also, I have heard that you can list courses with >50% of this type of material under one of these headings (at least for AMCAS), even if designated otherwise at your school, and the application service will decide based on the course title and department from your transcript whether this will be included in your sGPA or not (not sure if podiatry is the same way, as I never tried to do this). You furthermore might be shown a calculated sGPA and cGPA based on the transcript info you input prior to submitting your application (maybe a more recent applicant can comment if that's not the case). Alternatively, you could try to get a clarifying response from the AACPMAS staff directly using one of the contact venues listed here.

Last edited: