What classes did you sign up for? (or major for college)

Mesinan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm back! I know it's been like forever it seems. Anyway, I did this thread topic last year and found it really interesting so I thought I'd do it again. My school did registration really early this year; We usually do it in late February, but began late January this time, so sorry if you haven't started yours.

Here's what I signed up for: Oh I'm a rising junior by the way.
AP Language and Composition
AP Environmental Science -- this is new to my school this year, so if you've taken it, let me know how it was.
AP Calculus AB
AP US History (APUSH)
AP Psychology
Agriculture Intern (I go to a local place that deals with agriculture for the last 90 minutes of an A or B day) -- give me places I should intern at, currently thinking about doing it at a vet because it's like 2 min from my house and med related
Spanish 2-- don't make fun of me for being in Spanish 2 as a junior, haha, I think I've told the reason why to y'all let me know if you haven't
Late Arrival -- because I love me some sleep. My alternate for this is Anatomy btw

So what'd y'all sign up for? and what grade/year are you going into?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not sure if you're going to be a senior next year but if so, be sure to take SENIORITIS into account when signing up for all AP classes.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't see that, so yeah take those classes, you'll learn a lot about managing time and the actual material, just work hard and keep your GPA up!

Last edited:
Err, I'm no expert or anything but I think AP chem would suit your purposes as a doctor. Same thing is going to come up in college and environmental isn't going to help you pass.
Anyway, I signed up for my classes last week also and I chose:
AP Chem
AP Micro/macro Econ
AP English Lang
AP US History
French 1
STEM Engineering
AP Learning Seminar (sort of a free period for students with more than 3 AP classes).

I already have two language credits for taking a world language exam for farsi. I just realized I need 3 years of language to get the advanced diploma or 2 years of 2 different classes.

Last edited:
You guys are so lucky to have AP classes as an option. My little school off in BFE town with no wal mart and 1 red light didnt have any of that. Lol

You guys are so lucky to have AP classes as an option. My little school off in BFE town with no wal mart and 1 red light didnt have any of that. Lol

Blizzard - Well, you dont need a Walmart, screw that haha(offtopic).

Topic of thread -That seems like quite the work load, but just keep it under your belt and you will be good to go by the time you get to college.

AP chem ap physics and ap bio would better suit that enviro spot. That being said enviro is the much easier alternative and if you haven't taken that many aps before it may be wise to lessen the others (not calc) and take the higher sciences as they matter more for medical future.
Then again you will most likely retake said sciences while taking the credit for gen eds (the aps you have) so its all a balancing act.

What major are you thinking of going into?

My junior and senior year, I took

AP lit
AP euro
(Upper two to show that I am somewhat well rounded - I am not)
Anatomy
Creative writing
Economics
AP chemistry
AP biology
AP physics C
AP statistics
AP calf BC
Calc III/Differential Equations
Linear algebra
Organic Chem I/II
(See the imbalance?)
AP psychology
And some electives which I can't remember - served me well for chem E and for the MCAT

^ Lucky AF to have those classes available to you!

Err, I'm no expert or anything but I think AP chem would suit your purposes as a doctor. Same thing is going to come up in college and environmental isn't going to help you pass.
I plan to be majoring in an environmental/agriculture related major, still undecided on exactly what. It's something that's always interested me. I don't want to be the typical pre med bio major because what if I don't get into med school and end up in a job I don't want, y'know?
Anyway AP Chem is a killer class at my school and no one signed up for it this year because it was so hard and it didn't get enough students to be a class next year, so I can't take it anyway.
What year are you going into?

AP chem ap physics and ap bio would better suit that enviro spot. That being said enviro is the much easier alternative and if you haven't taken that many aps before it may be wise to lessen the others (not calc) and take the higher sciences as they matter more for medical future.
Then again you will most likely retake said sciences while taking the credit for gen eds (the aps you have) so its all a balancing act.
Haha my current pre-calc teacher would kill me if I dropped off ap calc, we don't have ap chem anymore, and you have to take physics before ap physics here. And I'm honestly scared of ap bio. I have idea what science to take my senior year. It'll probably be physics or ap bio. Or maybe both. idkkk.

AP lit
AP euro
Anatomy
Creative writing
Economics
AP chemistry
AP biology
AP physics C
AP statistics
AP calf BC
Linear algebra
Organic Chem I/II
(See the imbalance?)
AP psychology
And some electives which I can't remember - served me well for chem E and for the MCAT
Wow w don't have a lot of those, don't have calc III, ap calc bc is new this year, but you have to take ap calc ab first. no ap physics c, or ap chem, or organic chem I/II, and idk about linear algebra, we might have that.

I plan to be majoring in an environmental/agriculture related major, still undecided on exactly what. It's something that's always interested me. I don't want to be the typical pre med bio major because what if I don't get into med school and end up in a job I don't want, y'know?
Anyway AP Chem is a killer class at my school and no one signed up for it this year because it was so hard and it didn't get enough students to be a class next year, so I can't take it anyway.
What year are you going into?

I'm majoring in finance, so I'm also not the traditional pre-med. I'm taking those classes so I don't struggle in college. I'm class of 2016, arguably the best graduating class ever. High school years are golden, I'm going to cherish it.

Members don't see this ad :)

AP lit
AP euro
Anatomy
Creative writing
Economics
AP chemistry
AP biology
AP physics C
AP statistics
AP calf BC
Linear algebra
Organic Chem I/II

(See the imbalance?)
AP psychology

They had these (Calc III, Ochem, Linear algebra) courses in your high school? How many students were in the classes?

They had these (Calc III, Ochem, Linear algebra) courses in your high school? How many students were in the classes?
No - they didn't. The district paid for my tuition to the nearest college which was university of Colorado at Denver. Free schooling :3

AP Environ is the easiest 5 you'll ever get on an AP exam, closely followed by AP Psych. AP psych should fill the Intro to Psych req needed for upper level psych classes (if you're interested in taking them) without killing your freshman GPA (my school's intro psych class was apparently horrendous). AP Physics didn't prepare me at all for college physics, but I'd definitely recommend taking AP Bio your senior year to give you a heads up for Bio I and II.

Agriculture Intern (I go to a local place that deals with agriculture for the last 90 minutes of an A or B day) -- give me places I should intern at, currently thinking about doing it at a vet because it's like 2 min from my house and med related

Are you interested in vet med? If you aren't remotely interested, I'd think your time might be better spent doing some sort of physician shadowing, hospital volunteering, etc. If you think you might be interested in vet med, it's great to get an earlier start with your experiences!

So plans have changed. I got into the governor's school for science and math in my state, so I'll post that schedule as soon as I know it! The course catalog is coming in the mail soon, and orientation is this saturday, which is also my birthday. I am quite excited.

Ok, so I signed up today, final schedule will be done on Saturday (I think).
Here we go:
AP Language & Composition
AP Calculus (AB or BC will be determined Saturday based on test)
AP Chemistry
AP Biology
AP US History
Spanish 2

And some seminars that all the juniors have to take.

I'll be doing the full IB diploma (for junior/senior year), I'm taking:

HL:
Psychology
Chemistry
Biology
SL:
Maths
English
Spanish
+TOK/EE

I really enjoyed English HL, should be interesting for you.

Never haha, i've hated english my entire life doubt IB will change my mind about the subject :p Btw did you do the diploma or did you only take certain IB classes?

Never haha, i've hated english my entire life doubt IB will change my mind about the subject :p Btw did you do the diploma or did you only take certain IB classes?

Just certain IB classes

Okay, so I got my schedule a while ago, and I changed some things around and found out my math placement.
Ok,
AP Lang
AP Physics C
AP Bio
APUSH
AP Calc AB ( :/ wish I had placed in BC)
Spanish 2

AP Lang and Comp is a great class(or at least it was at my high school). I grew so much as a writer the year I took it.

Good luck to you, Mesinan. :)

On an unrelated note, it is considered unwise to have a picture of yourself as your profile pic on SDN. There are adcoms on here, and medicine is really a very small community. It just isn't worth the risk, even if your posts are very nice(which they are).

Last edited by a moderator: