What classes have you taken?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wcombs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so I submitted two days ago and naturally I'm now freaking out and panicking that I'm inadequate and won't get any interviews :laugh:. I have a question that I've been wondering about lately so hopefully you guys can make me feel better.

I don't have any upper division sciences yet, and I'm a biology major. I've done two semesters of anatomy and physiology, biology, gen chem, organic chem, English, and math up to calc 1. The rest of my classes are lame general education/humanities classes. I don't even have a physics class under my belt yet because I'm taking it now over the summer. Is that bad? Should I have waited for summer grades to post before sending my application?

My course progression has been kind of odd, but basically I'll graduate in time for dental school by cramming in the rest of my upper biology classes in the fall and spring (microbiology, genetics, immunology, etc). I'm worried they won't think I'm competitive with my current coursework. Or I'm freaking out over nothing. The sky is falling!

Other question: I'm taking biochemistry and physics 1 now and I'm likely going to get As in both. But I submitted my application and I don't think I can do the academic update on AADSAS until November. It is out of the question to send my summer transcripts to the schools I applied to just so they can get see I'm maintaing my upward trend? (My science GPA is fine, but my overall GPA is below average from a bad start, and even these two classes would give it a significant boost). For some reason I thought we get an academic update at the end of every semester which is why I submitted already, but now I think it's just a window between Nov and Feb?

I have lost so much sleep over dental school admissions and it's not even July yet :laugh:. It's going to be a long 5+ months.

Members don't see this ad.

Humanity classes are important as well...

I heard they like people who studied or has 'people skill' (Aka Sociology, psychology, ect)

also it is depend on your workload....did you take more than 15 credits every semester?
Most of dental school I researched said they want their applicants to be ready for tough schedules of dental schools. (for first year and second year of dental school, every students' classes starts at 8 am and ends around 5 pm. the only break time is just lunch time)

so if you showed you worked hard..I think it would be okay...
My college put restriction on upper level bio classes to juniors and seniors (even if sophomores are eligible to take it, they can't because they are too "young" or something like that)