What did you say when you cancelled an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happypaws

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your help in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I just told them that I had been accepted and will enroll in another program, and thanked them for extending me an interview invite. Pretty simple. Most have some sort of survey that they had me fill out and send back about the application process.

^
Pretty much that. You can just send them a call/email and let them know that you are looking elsewhere or have already been accepted into a different program. They might give you a survey to fill out and may ask which program you are choosing to attend (which is up to you if you want to answer or not).

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't over think this. Be polite. Be gracious. Thank them for the opportunity. And let them know you are cancelling. This isn't their first interviewee who cancelled and it won't be the last. Interviews are expensive and you don't owe anyone anything except a prompt, courteous response. Honestly, the whole situation is just complicated by the fact that so many people apply to all 9 schools and the schools offer interviews to everyone.