What do I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr.Self-Destruct

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been a lurker on this forum for not that long now. I apologize if I am posting this is the wrong section.

My issue is that I had graduated high school last year in 2014 and attended college during the Fall of 2014. I had a great start and made it through with great grades. However when finals week started I had a meltdown due to personal reasons and couldn't show up to the exams.

My grades suffered terribly and my entire semester was wasted. I couldn't take it and had to take the spring semester off. My Gpa from that one semester came to a 1.3. I will be starting school again this semester and am looking to retake most if not all my classes. I know that I can get solid grades. I am wondering what my chances are for medical school. What can I do to bring my Gpa up? Is transferring to a community college something I should look into? Or should I stay at my current college and retake those classes? I am completely lost. My heart feels as though it is shattered and the more I think about my Gpa the more I just want to give up. Any guidance or tips would be great.

Thank you all.

Members don't see this ad.

1) fix the issues that caused you to crater.
2) see if you can get a retroactive withdrawal
3) retake all your classes and ace them
4) ace things from now on to show that the disaster was a fluke
5) see #1 again. And develop good coping skills. Medical school is a furnace and I've seen it break even healthy students.

Reactions: 1 user