What do I have to do?

Tigrane

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Freshman in Highschool at the moment and I wanted to know exactly the steps I need to take after HIgh School. So I'm trying to get Straight A's throughout High School and then apply for something like UC Davis. From there I go to a Medical School anywhere, then residency. But I need advice to help me get through those difficult steps.

Members don't see this ad.

Get A's, do well on the SAT/ACT, develop study habits, get girls, make friends, do crazy things with friends on the weekend, take AP classes, join clubs, and lastly have fun.

Best guide to success in high school I've ever seen.

Reactions: 1 user
If you know you wanna go to medical school, get some shadowing and volunteering done now. Keep doing so through senior year. If you get the grades, you'll be able to apply to 7 or 8 year guaranteed med programs. I didn't know these programs existed till fall of my junior year, so I couldn't get the type of experiences they want to see in.

Just relax. You don't need straight As every year. Just try to get mostly As and Bs. It's going to be really stressful for you if you want to get a 4.0 every year and you will for sure miss out on a lot of fun. You have 4 years of little responsibility, so don't waste them stressing over school - you have 8 years of that, with exponentially more difficult classes in undergrad and med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
To succeed one must play lots of Counter Strike and secondly maybe study.

Last edited:
If you know you wanna go to medical school, get some shadowing and volunteering done now. Keep doing so through senior year. If you get the grades, you'll be able to apply to 7 or 8 year guaranteed med programs. I didn't know these programs existed till fall of my junior year, so I couldn't get the type of experiences they want to see in.

Just relax. You don't need straight As every year. Just try to get mostly As and Bs. It's going to be really stressful for you if you want to get a 4.0 every year and you will for sure miss out on a lot of fun. You have 4 years of little responsibility, so don't waste them stressing over school - you have 8 years of that, with exponentially more difficult classes in undergrad and med school.
I asked my doctor about shadowing recently actually, and he told me that you could only shadow if you are in Medical School

I asked my doctor about shadowing recently actually, and he told me that you could only shadow if you are in Medical School

Then you didn't ask him the right question.

Mine told me the same thing. Just relax and enjoy high school. You have the rest of your life to work hard. Be lazy now when it doesn't count, not later when it does.

1. A grades in challenging subjects
2. pursue hobbies/interests

simple. the rest can come later