What DO schools do not require a DO letter of recc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bellab17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was wondering which DO school don't require a DO Lor but just one from a health professional?

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Search "AACOMAS CIB" on google which is the DO version of the MSAR. It will give you a rundown of each school including what types of letters that are required.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
LECOM required a DO LOR last year?

LECOM-B does for sure. There were a few people at the interview that didn't have it in yet, but they still needed one and they made sure to let us know it.

Search "AACOMAS CIB" on google which is the DO version of the MSAR. It will give you a rundown of each school including what types of letters that are required.

I remember a couple that said MD/DO, but DO preferred. Best way to check is take AlteredScale's suggestion and look at the requirements here for each school individually. Better to do your own research than trusting what someone else says anyway, in my opinion.

There are more schools that don't require a letter from a DO than schools that do.

I found each school's individual website to be the best source of information. As others have said, definitely do your own research. There are quite a number that don't "require" a letter from a DO but "strongly prefer it".

EDIT:Be careful with the term health professional though as MANY of the schools specify said health professional must be a DO or MD.