What do u think about SMU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoUConcur

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi i have been researchin some of these schools and so far the have heard lots about the "big three " but does anyone know anything about SMU i did some homework on the school and so far all i have had positive comments, so now i want to get other opions about it anything neative, disadvanteges or regreats that one should know about this school anything at all...... past present and future students of the school plz place u'r input.

Maz

Members don't see this ad.

DoUConcur said:
Hi i have been researchin some of these schools and so far the have heard lots about the "big three " but does anyone know anything about SMU i did some homework on the school and so far all i have had positive comments, so now i want to get other opions about it anything neative, disadvanteges or regreats that one should know about this school anything at all...... past present and future students of the school plz place u'r input.

Maz

If you're going to look outside the "big three", I'd suggest you also look into the newer school AUA on Antigua. This school, while still relatively new, has the right ingredients to become one of the best - if not the premier - school in the Caribbean. Time will tell. But, if you're willing to look outside the "big three" right now, then I wouldn't necessarily dismiss this school either.

http://www.auamed.org/

-Skip

I counted about twenty faculty members on their site, about nine of them have phDs, not badI guess. But I am hesitant to attend a school that has grammitical errors on it's web page.

Members don't see this ad :)
HussainGQ said:
I counted about twenty faculty members on their site, about nine of them have phDs, not badI guess. But I am hesitant to attend a school that has grammitical errors on it's web page.

Where are the grammatical errors (besides your post... no offense)? I don't think this is the best reason to summarily rule-out a school.

Secondly, you're going to find that medicine is not like law. Many doctors spell atrociously. I don't like it either, but it is usually not indicative of the caliber of the person nor the depth of their knowledge. I personally have been taught by several of those professors, being former Ross instructors, and I can tell you that they are the cream of the crop. Ross made a HUGE mistake in letting more than a few of them leave, not the least of whom include Drs. Stranahan, Milik, and Glasser.

This school is going to do big things, once they get more established.

-Skip

Skip Intro said:
Where are the grammatical errors (besides your post... no offense)? I don't think this is the best reason to summarily rule-out a school.

Secondly, you're going to find that medicine is not like law. Many doctors spell atrociously. I don't like it either, but it is usually not indicative of the caliber of the person nor the depth of their knowledge. I personally have been taught by several of those professors, being former Ross instructors, and I can tell you that they are the cream of the crop. Ross made a HUGE mistake in letting more than a few of them leave, not the least of whom include Drs. Stranahan, Milik, and Glasser.

This school is going to do big things, once they get more established.

-Skip

While it might be a decent school in a few years, AUA has NO licensed graduates, no California approval, no NY approval, and shady loan processes. I still have no idea why herds of Ross students are transferring there(besides the island and no MCAT requirement).

(I have horrible spelling, which is why my handwriting consists of scribbles<==hides the mistakes)