What do you guys think? Any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alekshura2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Thought id post this in the pre-dental section.

Undergrad: 3.2 sGPA, 3.6 cGPA
Masters: 4.0 GPA

I retook my DAT on Aug 19th and got the following scores.
Chem: 21
Ochem: 20
Bio: 20
RC: 20
PAT: 18
QR: 15 :(
TS: 20
AA: 19

I have a lot of extracurricular activities. Worked in 3 different research labs, and have 3 publications. About 100 hours of dentist shadowing.

What do you guys think? What others schools would be good to add to my list? Will my QR score hurt me much?

The University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine (COL)
University of Minnesota School of Dentistry (MIN)
Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine (CASE)
Columbia University College of Dental Medicine (CUL)
Marquette University School of Dentistry (MQT)
The Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry, Temple University (TEMP)
University of California, San Francisco School of Dentistry (UCSF)
University of Maryland School of Dentistry (MYD)

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Call the schools and ask about their cutoffs if you haven't searched it up already...and if you can afford it add a couple more schools! :) I'm no genius but that's what I would do. A little pricey but Western USC NYU Boston MWU are some of my suggestions. Good luck! :D

P.S Your scores won't be sent out till September, so I would apply broadly. I made the same mistake last year :(

Call the schools and ask about their cutoffs if you haven't searched it up already...and if you can afford it add a couple more schools! :) I'm no genius but that's what I would do. A little pricey but Western USC NYU Boston MWU are some of my suggestions. Good luck! :D

P.S Your scores won't be sent out till September, so I would apply broadly. I made the same mistake last year :(

Ditto, the school might ask you to retake to get that QR up to like an 18.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got into 4 schools with a 15 in QR. my other stats were obviously better than that 15, but not much above average unlike many of the posters here. Add the schools that the others have mentioned and include LECOM, Nova, eastern Carolina, roseman and Midwestern. Applying to the private, more expensive programs will increase your odds of interviews/acceptance

I got into 4 schools with a 15 in QR. my other stats were obviously better than that 15, but not much above average unlike many of the posters here. Add the schools that the others have mentioned and include LECOM, Nova, eastern Carolina, roseman and Midwestern. Applying to the private, more expensive programs will increase your odds of interviews/acceptance

Well great to hear that you were able to get in with a 15 in QR. I thought about applying to LECOM but not a fan of the pbl style program. I think Roseman requires you to have all sections of the DAT 17 and above. Midwestern requires anatomy, which I haven't taken, and probably will not. Also, looks like east carolina does not take any out of state folks. Nova might be a good one to add though. Thanks! If you don't mind could you message me where you got in with your DAT scores?

You will probably get asked to retake to improve the QR. They may take an exception if you aced calc 1 and 2.

You guys are scaring me. I don't want to retake this thing. Ill just hope for the best, probably will add a couple more schools.

I had similar DAT stats and GPA and got into Temple

Yeah I guess from what I have been reading on here, schools don't care too much about QR.