What do you think about Blueprints Medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdrocks99

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an medical student currently studying in Poland. I was born in the US but my parents are from poland so I went there to study medicine. I was hoping to get your opinion on Blueprints medicine. I need a book which will help me prepare for my course exam in internal medicine and prepare me for the USMLE Step 2 CK. Basically to kill two birds in one stone. I have a internal medicine book in polish that we buy from our school but its pretty heavy. I was impressed with Blueprints small size and seems pretty readable. But I wanted to ask you some american medical students before I read it.

I'm not so concerned about the course exam. I'm pretty sure Blueprints is enough. I'm more concerned about having enough knowledge for the USMLE Step 2 CK. Thanks for the help!!

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard mixed things about Blueprints Med. I used Step Up to Medicine and thought it was amazing. Reading that along with doing "MKSAP for Students" (which you can find in CD for on the internet) will give you a great foundation of Step 2 CK.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've only used Blueprints for OB/GYN and liked it for that subject but I've certainly from folks who don't like the series in general.

I agree with the few others who suggested Step Up to Medicine. I used it during IM and continue to go back through it and have found it useful.

IMO Case Files > > > blueprints