what do you think about my situation? bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddosike

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
first of all, let me briefly explain my situation.

Went to community college -> transferred to 4 year college ( SUNY stonybrook) health science major, gpa 2.9

Only took anato & physi 1+2, medical term, and few health related courses but nothing related to pre-med.

As of now, I'm 28, and joined us army national guard ( drill aka part time soldier for 3 years) and will be gone

for training from 1/26/15 to august of 2015 as a combat medic. The reason why I joined the army was to get

some benefits and also for medical experiences so I can apply to PA school ( they ask for medical experience).

So, what Im thinking is that once I come back from the training, ( which will be around august of 2015)

Ill apply to post-bacc pre-med program near my area,

and try to take all those pre-req courses for medical & PA school. I also need to boost up my gpa as hard as I

can. Then I'll apply to all the med school, (D.O, podiatrist, Optometrist, etc) and P.A school. I know i might be

lil old compare to other applicants, but I would rather choose something that will be get me a stable and better

job.

Members don't see this ad.

Applying to all those programs is idiotic. Pick one, do the right pre-reqs, and get on with your life.

Reactions: 1 user
maybe i confused you guys, Im not applying to all those schools, considering one of those ( d.o, podiatrist, optometrist) and P.A schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
You said you'd apply to 'all the med school'.

Pick a path, do the necessary pre-reqs, and apply. Saying you're interested in like 50 different things doesn't really show commitment.

Medicine is calling like being a priest, a fireman, or...a soldier. Do some patient contact volunteer work to see if you really want to be around sick people, because it's a profession, not a job.