What does it mean when you say gpa is just a hurdle for UQ-O?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stdavisdr

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been reading the forums for UQ-O and notice a lot of people are saying gpa is a hurdle. I've looked into it and haven't really gotten definite answers. Is it still that way? Because they have changed their requirements since the first year the program started.

For example, right now I'm at a 2.8 gpa. Their minimum is 2.67. My MCAT is a 36 which is much higher than their requirement of 26. I also have a ton of hours on extra curricular. But extra curric. doesn't really matter for UQ-O right?

So, I guess my question is do they weigh MCAT more than your gpa? Is that what gpa as a hurdle means? Also, where are you guys getting that information? I looked on their website on how they rank the gpa vs. MCAT and couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

it means that when you are above the minimum, a 3.9 is not considered any better than a 3.1.
the GPA cut-off is just to screen people out.
the MCAT is what really counts in their decision.

it means that when you are above the minimum, a 3.9 is not considered any better than a 3.1.
the GPA cut-off is just to screen people out.
the MCAT is what really counts in their decision.

Oh thanks for your reply! I only hear about that on this forum. I was researching on their website and they don't say for sure that gpa is just a hurdle for them. Is it just speculation that gpa is used only as a hurdle?