What does my score mean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bond09

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Verbal-358
Biology-376
Reading comprehension-357
Quantitative ability-407
Chemistry- 408
COMPOSITE-381

are my scores any good?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to give you a "Probably not" I can see your % but Ive seen quite a lot of scores on here and I think that Composite Score might be under 70% and thats being generous. go to the forum that they have on here with the scores for 2014 and you can compare them that way, and if I'm correct don't beat yourself up because the PCAT is not all that they look at, Schools will also weigh your GPA, etc.

do you know your percentage and what are your stats ?

@SouthStudent31 is being way too generous. A composite of 381 means you're probably at the 30% range (maybe even lower), which would mean 70% of people did better than you.

Retake.

Members don't see this ad :)
Verbal-358
Biology-376
Reading comprehension-357
Quantitative ability-407
Chemistry- 408
COMPOSITE-381

are my scores any good?

Usually PCAT would give you a preliminary report of your scores in all sections right after you submit your exam (including the overall) plus the percentile (at least it was the way I got my PCAT score in 2013 and several other people I know too). Maybe you forgot to list the percentile here but it would give you a good idea if your PCAT score is good for admission to a school (if you compared to the stats of the admitted students there).

Look at again and you might find your percentile there ;)

Verbal-2
Biology-8
RC-3
Chem-61
Quan-61

PR 10...

Now I think you know the answer to your own question :)

But buy and study Dr. Collins. From what I read (as I did not use it), it is the best PCAT prep materials out there. Practice with Person sample tests, I think you will be able to score a lot higher.

I'm also worried about my scores. I have a 3.12 gpa and I scored a 76 on the PCAT (scoring in the 90s in both chem and bio). Could anyone tell me what are my chances?

I'm also worried about my scores. I have a 3.12 gpa and I scored a 76 on the PCAT (scoring in the 90s in both chem and bio). Could anyone tell me what are my chances?

You'll be fine. Scoring over 90 on both chem and bio and considering a retake is risky. Unless if you know you can score higher on QA/VA/RC AND still score above 90 on both chem and bio, then I wouldn't retake or worry about it. Your most important sections were the highest-scored ones anyways.

W that GPA I think you will be fine for admission to most schools unless you are aiming for top tier schools and wanna be more competitive for them. 80-90s is not impossible.

Thanks! I'm looking at UGA, Mercer, PCOM, South Carolina, and East Tennessee State. I'm really not sure if these are top tier schools or not.

Thanks! I'm looking at UGA, Mercer, PCOM, South Carolina, and East Tennessee State. I'm really not sure if these are top tier schools or not.

Google for the latest US News ranking of pharmacy schools.

Reactions: 1 user