WHAT! GRE is now $185 !?!?!?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Enygma

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is absolutely ridiculous! When I first took the revised gre in 2012 it was $160 which I believe was way too much for a computerized test or any test for that matter. But now it costs $185! :wow: and not only that you have to pay 25 for each school you want to send your scores to, mailing a letter DOES NOT take $25 it not like they are sending it express, it took one of my school 3 weeks to get my scores! Am I the only that believes ETS is just one HUGE scam? The way it going soon the test is going to cost $300 or more because they know we have to pay for it in order to get into most programs in grad school. +pissed+

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
lol i don't even care about the test price, the cost to send out scores to me is ridiculous. I'm not even going to get into CSDCAS issues...

I agree it is ridiculous, but what can we really do about it? after all they are a corporation and making a profit is their main focus. I suppose the only thing that would make them take notice is if a significant numbers of people stopped take the tests which to be honest I don't see happening in the near future since nowadays having a graduate degree is almost a must in today's job market.

Everything about the application processes from tests to application fees and tuitions are kind of absurd. Apparently the bubble is still growing but it will burst eventually and people will say "this just isn't worth it". In various areas it can be argued that it is happening already but we shall see.