What happened to WikEM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thehealer

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all of you guys that use WikEM as religiously as I do, is it just me, or does the app no longer work on Android? Perhaps I am a bit too addicted to it, but I just got a new Samsung tablet pretty much for the reason of using WikEM. Installed fine, but can't run the app. (It crashes as soon as it tries to do the initial data download). Tried it on another android device I have and the same thing happened. Contacted WikEM but haven't heard back. I can use the web-app but internet/wifi is spotty in my hospital. Anyone else having a similar problem?!?

Members don't see this ad.

Works for me, but still on KitKat... you running Lollipop? That may be the reason if it hasn't been tweaked.

As an aside, if any UMEM peeps read this, PLEASE undo the pushing... if I wake up at 2a again (and by me, I mean the missus), I'm done with you! d=)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea still works fine on iPhone, but not Android. Was actually at BestBuy earlier today and walked around installing it on all the tablets (Galaxy Tab 3 and 4, and an Asus tablet). Did the exact same thing on every single one. So maybe it's a problem with the initial install. Either way, hopefully they will fix it soon. I need my WikEM!

Yea still works fine on iPhone, but not Android. Was actually at BestBuy earlier today and walked around installing it on all the tablets (Galaxy Tab 3 and 4, and an Asus tablet). Did the exact same thing on every single one. So maybe it's a problem with the initial install. Either way, hopefully they will fix it soon. I need my WikEM!

lol.

You went around Best Buy installing WikiEM on tablets?

Laugh if you'd like! But when Mr. Johnson develops sudden onset shortness of breath in the tablet aisle, at least he will know how to properly calculate his Wells score! Hmph!!

Reactions: 1 users
Laugh if you'd like! But when Mr. Johnson develops sudden onset shortness of breath in the tablet aisle, at least he will know how to properly calculate his Wells score! Hmph!!

Hopefully he knows BLS. : )

it's a part of agilemd app. works fine on iphone
Wow, how did I not not about this?? Just downloaded AgileMD for Android and you're right, WikEM is one of the (free) in-app add-ons. And it can be downloaded for offline use. Only thing you can't do is do a full-text search. But you can still search the titles of all the articles. Looks like I will be using this until the app/server is fixed. Thanks MSmentor!

Has anyone else had any luck installing WikEM on an Android device recently?

Mine works perfectly on both my droid mobile phone and my ASUS tablet.

No idea what you guys are talking about by it not working.

No problem on nexus 7 (2013) running kit-kat. love that program!

Hmmm....weird. Like I said, I think it has to do with either the initial install or when you update. Here's the error I'm getting.
Error1.png

Also use it through AgileMD. Works great

Given my BestBuy adventures earlier today I can't imagine I'm the only one having this problem. Either way....

Would someone mind sending me their wikem.chris folder? It contains all the app data. Its located at \Android\data\wikem.chris

I guess you could copy the folder to your dropbox folder and post or PM me the link. I can't imagine there's any copyright issue since the app and database is all free and open source. Thanks for all the responses guys!

Wow, how did I not not about this?? Just downloaded AgileMD for Android and you're right, WikEM is one of the (free) in-app add-ons. And it can be downloaded for offline use. Only thing you can't do is do a full-text search. But you can still search the titles of all the articles. Looks like I will be using this until the app/server is fixed. Thanks MSmentor!

Has anyone else had any luck installing WikEM on an Android device recently?
glad to help
also check out the PV cards on agileMD. use that and the ultrasound one a ton
there's a peds portion that has all the standard peds chart w v/s, weights....etc

Hey guys, OP here. Just tried to uninstall and reinstall wikEM on my tablet. Same error message. :( I did use AgileMD on my last shift, and though it definitely worked, it's just not quite the same experience as using the native app. I know it seems silly, but even that minor drop in efficiency is noticeable in a busy ER. But for now, I guess it's my only option.