What happened to Zpak?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kkelloww

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last posted in August.

Members don't see this ad.

I saw this thread and went, "That's weird, we dispensed a bunch today and didn't hear anything wrong with its availability when we did our order."

Members don't see this ad :)
He's at an OU game.

I heard he's aimlessely roaming the himalayas on his little john deere... looking for the truth.

I'm glad he left. He was getting on my nerves.

I'm glad he left. He was getting on my nerves.
They're both getting on my nerves. The drug rep jokes are soooooooo last-week. Please God... save me from one more drug rep joke. Such a n00b...

:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
So be glad you aren't accused of being one!!! ;)
Hussshh. You're a culprit in all of this too. I wanna puke every time I read one of those jokes. :beat:
The golf small talk is annoying too, but I'll leave that one alone today.

No. I've never actually been accused of being one. Every new person I meet just wants to know if I'm studying to be one, which is waaaayyy worse.

They're both getting on my nerves. The drug rep jokes are soooooooo last-week. Please God... save me from one more drug rep joke. Such a n00b...:cool:

I think cephalosporins rock the house so there....I know this because my drug rep friend Epic told me so when we were playing golf taking pictures of random birds.....

I think cephalosporins rock the house so there....I know this because my drug rep friend Epic told me so when we were playing golf taking pictures of random birds.....
I've been tested on those ******* three times so far, and I despise them!!! I don't give a flying **** what's first generation, second generation, blah blah blah (even though I know that a cephalosporin ending with xil, lin, xin, or rin is a first generation, etc.). Thankfully there's an RXlynn around here, so the RinXinLIN sticks in my head. Zones and screwed-up dimes (zimes and ximes) are third gen (zone, xone, xime, zime, Omnicef, etc.) Blah, blah, blah... I hate Cephalosporins!!!!

Don't take up for Epic's laziness. He's more original than drug rep jokes and golf small talk.

Seriously? I just heard it the other day. D*mn I am always the last to hear about things.....Still an awsome song.
They play all kinds of music on the radio. They've been playing The Offspring's song Gone Away a lot lately on my local radio station. It's an awesome song from their 1997 album.

I've been listening to more jazzy stuff lately though, mostly Sam Cooke, Nat King Cole, Corinne Bailey Rae, and Amy Winehouse (she's a crazy but lovely lady- this is one of hers that I really like: You Know I'm No Good).

I heard he's aimlessely roaming the himalayas on his little john deere... looking for the truth.

I miss him badly. :D
I like Zpak and Epic's jokes, they are funny. :biglove:

cephalosporins are easy yo.. you just need to know:

1st gen: cefazolin, cephalexin
2nd gen: cefuroxime, cefotetan, cefoxitin
3rd gen: cefotaxime, ceftriaxone, ceftazidime
4th gen: cefepime
5th gen: ceftobiprole

Oh..and Vantin.

cefotetan and cefoxitin have anaerobic coverage
ceftazidime, cefepime, and ceftobiprole covers pseudomonas
ceftobiprole covers MRSA...

And everything else is all about the same..

Yeah yeah you'll get your generic lecture of "1st gen has better gram positive coverage..and 3rd gen has better gram neg coverage.." BS.

I miss him badly. :D
I like Zpak and Epic's jokes, they are funny. :biglove:

I know for a fact that Zpack and I never tried to be funny or crack jokes..

This is a serious forum with serious topics. And I try to be sincere and genuine in my posts... like Zpack.

And I will give you this...

Kansas Sucks

Chit.. Kansas can play football, and Kansas can play basketball...

They got a good thing going. Better hope Mangino stays healthy.

Oh..and Vantin.

Yeah yeah you'll get your generic lecture of "1st gen has better gram positive coverage..and 3rd gen has better gram neg coverage.." BS.

Ya forgot to mention beta-lactamase resistance/staph coverage like the CONDoM penicillins!

And they'll undoubtedly ask you something goofy about hypersensitivity/allergic reactions...cefotetan/cefmandole/cefoperazone..."tan man in the endzone" :cool:

Is ceftobiprole even out yet? I'd be curious to see the $ numbers if it is...would be a fun one to watch.

Hey Epic...what happened with that quick ID thing you were talking about a while back...to distinguish between faecium/faecalis? Or was it candida? I can't remember... Did you bite?

Ya forgot to mention beta-lactamase resistance/staph coverage like the CONDoM penicillins!

And they'll undoubtedly ask you something goofy about hypersensitivity/allergic reactions...cefotetan/cefmandole/cefoperazone..."tan man in the endzone" :cool:

Is ceftobiprole even out yet? I'd be curious to see the $ numbers if it is...would be a fun one to watch.

Hey Epic...what happened with that quick ID thing you were talking about a while back...to distinguish between faecium/faecalis? Or was it candida? I can't remember... Did you bite?

ehh, I know not what you're talking about with the PCNs...

I would think ceftobiprole would be priced near Zyvox... around $150 per day?

PNA-FISH... it's a nice initiative if an institution has high use of echinocandins.

ehh, I know not what you're talking about with the PCNs...

I would think ceftobiprole would be priced near Zyvox... around $150 per day?

PNA-FISH... it's a nice initiative if an institution has high use of echinocandins.

List'em. What are the anti-staph PCNs?

Is there a date set for ceftobiprole? It's coming out in '08 right?

List'em. What are the anti-staph PCNs?

Is there a date set for ceftobiprole? It's coming out in '08 right?

Anti - Staph PCNs aren't cephalosporins yo...

And Yes, I think ceftobiprole is coming out this year...it'll be a luke warm buzz.

I never said they were, dood. But they'll ask her about over-lapping coverage.

Go on...list'em.

oh..c'mon. Don't make me. I know them by heart... I really do.

Oh..and Vantin.

Ummmm... thanks but no thanks. I have almost zero interest in ID now that we've studied it even though I love cells. Give me some asthma, acid/base, or allergies. I'll take some NSAIDS too.

Methicillin, Oxacillin, Cloxacillin, Dicloxacillin, Nafcillin

MRSA- Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus

I've been tested on those ******* three times so far, and I despise them!!! I don't give a flying **** what's first generation, second generation, blah blah blah (even though I know that a cephalosporin ending with xil, lin, xin, or rin is a first generation, etc.). Thankfully there's an RXlynn around here, so the RinXinLIN sticks in my head. Zones and screwed-up dimes (zimes and ximes) are third gen (zone, xone, xime, zime, Omnicef, etc.) Blah, blah, blah... I hate Cephalosporins!!!!

Don't take up for Epic's laziness. He's more original than drug rep jokes and golf small talk.

glad to be of help! Now, I'll just have to remember that for when I take Infectious Disease!!

glad to be of help! Now, I'll just have to remember that for when I take Infectious Disease!!
Thanks! It really helped!

For anyone who's curious...

This is only a small part of the information that I had to memorize for a test (just to give you an idea: throw in all of the other cell wall synthesis inhibitors, protein and nucleic acid synthesis inhibitors, the structures, the sensitive/resistant organisms, the routes of excretion, plus tidbit details here and there). I didn't memorize the second generation cephs, because it was easier to learn the first and third and then assume anything else was second generation (Cefuroxime, Cefuroxime Axetil, and Cefepime were the only exceptions).

I underlined the ends of the drugs to make it easier to memorize them, like it's done in the list.

Generations Plus Routes of Administration:
First Generation:
Cephalexin --> Oral
Cefadroxil --> Oral
Cephradine --> Oral, Parenteral
Cephalothin --> Parenteral
Cefapirin --> Parenteral
Cefazolin --> Parenteral

Second Generation:
Cefaclor --> Oral
Cefamandole --> Parenteral
Cefuroxime --> Parenteral
Cefuroxime Axetil --> Oral
Cefonicid --> Parenteral
Ceforanide --> Parenteral
Cefoxitin --> Parenteral
Cefotetan --> Parenteral
Cefmetazole --> Parenteral
Cefprozil --> Oral
Loracarbef --> Oral

Third Generation:
Cefotaxime --> Parenteral
Ceftizoxime --> Parenteral
Ceftriaxone --> Parenteral
Ceftazidime --> Parenteral
Cefoperozone --> Parenteral
Cefmenoxime --> Parenteral
Cefixime --> Oral
Cefdinir --> Oral
Cefpodoxime --> Oral
Cefditoren --> Oral
Moxalactam --> Parenteral

Fourth Generation:
Cefepime --> Parenteral

Their stability in acid and resistance to beta-lactamase were also listed, but I left those off.

I had an enormous headache after this exam!