What happens after this semester?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

svwtyf

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm graduating this December and going abroad to do an internship in public health. I'll be in India by the time fall semester grades come out.
On May 17th, I applied to 17 dental schools and haven't heard about interviews yet from any of them. I've only gotten one secondary app from Arizona. So here are my questions:
Do dental schools require fall semester grades after they come out?
Will I have to cancel my trip next semester and stay here to go do interviews if I don't get invited for any during this semester?
Can anyone help me?! With each day that passes and I don't receive anything in the mail, I die a little bit each time.

Members don't see this ad.

svwtyf said:
I'm graduating this December and going abroad to do an internship in public health. I'll be in India by the time fall semester grades come out.
On May 17th, I applied to 17 dental schools and haven't heard about interviews yet from any of them. I've only gotten one secondary app from Arizona. So here are my questions:
Do dental schools require fall semester grades after they come out?
Will I have to cancel my trip next semester and stay here to go do interviews if I don't get invited for any during this semester?
Can anyone help me?! With each day that passes and I don't receive anything in the mail, I die a little bit each time.

If i were you i would call every school and let them know that you plan to study abroad and ask them what they say. maybe get it out of them if the are going to invite you for an interview at all. I don't know what kind of stats you have, but if your boarderline and dental school is your dream you may want to stay and take full advantage of any interview you get and try to wow them and either get accepted soon or be high on the alternate list. but once again it depends on what every school tells you to do, they would know best if you have a chance or not. Also if your stats are good you should be getting interviews set up soon. best of luck to you i hope you get to study abroad and are accepted to dental school.

he's right. In an ideal world, you would be able to know where you are accepted before you leave the country. But if it was me.... I wouldn't leave the country without a few solid interviews and some verbal commitments.... unless you don't mind applying to dental school again next year.