What happens behind closed doors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blump

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
at these mysterious admissions committee meetings? Does everyone just sit around, a file is presented, and people vote on your fate?

Members don't see this ad.

"Blump is a lunatic! He can't be controlled, I am vetoing him, I don't care what any of you say I will never see this person attending our medical school. You might as well throw his file in the garbage because any time spent further discussing him is time wasted."

It really depends on the school, and whether or not the admissions officers are also the interviewers. If you were interviewed by an ADCOM member, then he or she is either your advocate or your detractor in the committee meeting, depending on how s/he feels about you. You are presented by the officer(s), your file is reviewed, and then the ADCOM votes - yes, no, or waitlist. I'm not really sure how the process works when your interviewers are not present at the meeting.

Members don't see this ad :)
blump said:
at these mysterious admissions committee meetings? Does everyone just sit around, a file is presented, and people vote on your fate?

sounds good to me :thumbup:

blump said:

Sure, but that's after a goat is sacrificed and a shaman has interpreted its entrails. :barf: