what happens if I dont complete secondaries at some schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tuco's revenge

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to far too many schools...I sent my primary to 48 and I only completed 41 secondaries and to be honest, I don't want to do this anymore. It's way too time consuming, expensive, stressful, and I can't write for the life of me anymore. I will literally sit down for 3 hours only to write 2 sentences.
lets say I dont get in this cycle, reapply next cycle, and submit the secondaries at the 7 schools I didnt do this time. Would the schools view me as a reapplicant to their school? and would they be like "WTF? this kid is so irresponsible. He didnt even go through with the secondaries last time"

I mean theres a thousand reasons why someone might not send their secondaries back? Will it be held against me?

Thank you friends

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to far too many schools...I sent my primary to 48 and I only completed 41 secondaries and to be honest, I don't want to do this anymore. It's way too time consuming, expensive, stressful, and I can't write for the life of me anymore. I will literally sit down for 3 hours only to write 2 sentences.
lets say I dont get in this cycle, reapply next cycle, and submit the secondaries at the 7 schools I didnt do this time. Would the schools view me as a reapplicant to their school? and would they be like "WTF? this kid is so irresponsible. He didnt even go through with the secondaries last time"

I mean theres a thousand reasons why someone might not send their secondaries back? Will it be held against me?

Thank you friends

If you don't get an interview and offer from at least one of the 41 schools where you are complete, you have many more things to worry about than what 7 schools that you snubbed think about you. Frankly, this is why I don't recommend applying to more than 20.

Reactions: 8 users
If you don't get an interview and offer from at least one of the 41 schools where you are complete, you have many more things to worry about than what 7 schools that you snubbed think about you. Frankly, this is why I don't recommend applying to more than 20.
I made some mistakes in choosing to schools and completing secondaries. I applied to a few schools that take very little OOS (heavy instate bias), maybe 8 schools that are a reach, I took 5-6 weeks for some secondaries, and I didnt update any schools about my final grades (which I'm not sure if I should have. It wouldnt make a big difference in my GPA, and I was saving my update for a possible publication in a few months.)

I made mistakes, but I did my best. Hopefully I get a few interviews this cycle at least

Members don't see this ad :)
I made some mistakes in choosing to schools and completing secondaries. I applied to a few schools that take very little OOS (heavy instate bias), maybe 8 schools that are a reach, I took 5-6 weeks for some secondaries, and I didnt update any schools about my final grades (which I'm not sure if I should have. It wouldnt make a big difference in my GPA, and I was saving my update for a possible publication in a few months.)

I made mistakes, but I did my best. Hopefully I get a few interviews this cycle at least

solid # of II's from McDonald's, though.

Reactions: 1 users

Prime example of why the first $25 you spend in an admission cycle should be for the MSAR.

Thank you friends
I feel the same way. I sent my primary to 37 places but only did 31 secondaries. I probably could have finished the rest but school got in the way.
I might do the others yet, though.

Last edited:
If you do not have a successful cycle and need to re-apply, would you re-apply to those schools? Did you do your secondaries somewhat in order of preference?

Geez man, i hope you at least got FAP...
I only applied to 6 schools, and that was expensive enough as it is...
dude..
If you qualify for FAP there's no way you can afford 41 secondaries

dude..

I know FAP caps at 15 apps, but does the same restriction apply to secondaries?

Cost w/o FAP ~ $6k
Cost w/FAP (secondary restricted) ~ $4k
Cost w/FAP (secondary unrestricted) ~ $1.2k
Matriculation into 1 of 48 Schools : Priceless

Reactions: 1 user
The whole FAP system is crap anyways. I applied, with a 0 EFC, and got denied because my dad makes too much money. Im 25 with a wife and two kids and my own home. I dont know why the expect me to live off my parents still....

Reactions: 2 users
Since no one wants to answer op's original question, I will: my first interview this cycle was from a school I applied to last cycle but didn't complete the secondary for. I doubt they care.

Reactions: 1 user
1) Would the schools view me as a reapplicant to their school?

2) I mean theres a thousand reasons why someone might not send their secondaries back? Will it be held against me?
1) Yes.

2) Rarely, but if getting constant reminders to complete the application process would annoy you, you might consider formally withdrawing from further consideration by those schools with a friendly email to each one.

dude..
Nah... I know for a fact I qualify for FAP but didn't know about it until it was too late. Now I'm in debt and working two jobs. If you want it...there's a way.

Thank you friends
yo how do I PM you

What happens? Your bank account magically doesn't shrink by astronomical proportions.