What happens if you don't show up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cloud 9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of taking the exam and voiding it and moving my exam to Jan instead, what would happen if I don't show up though and didn't cancel in advance? Thx

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing. You're labeled as a no-show and don't get a refund. The only advantage to not showing up vs. voiding the test is that you don't have to sit through 5 hours of MCAT. However, that's a waste of $245 considering that you could have used your voided exam as the most accurate practice MCAT out there instead.

Show or don't show, you don't get a refund.

If you don't show or show and void exam, these info would not be transmitted to med schools. So med schools won't know about these.

You are able to take 3 MCAT maximum per year. If you show and void, that still counts as 1 time used. If you don't show, that does NOT count as 1 time used.

Show or don't show, you don't get a refund.

If you don't show or show and void exam, these info would not be transmitted to med schools. So med schools won't know about these.

You are able to take 3 MCAT maximum per year. If you show and void, that still counts as 1 time used. If you don't show, that does NOT count as 1 time used.

:thumbup:

IMO, since you are thinking about moving the test to January, you should just take the MCAT and void it. Might as well use this as a really expensive practice test.