What if I submit NRMP application on October.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Horanis

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I did Step 2 ck/cs, Step 1 is scheduled on next August, I'm trying my best to take it in August so I can submit NRMP application on Sep 15th, if I cannot take it in August, I will have to reschedule it in September, then I have to submit NRMP application in October.
Will that hurt me if I submit NRMB application one month late?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Do you mean ERAS? You can submit applications before your scores are in, you just have to update the application again once the scores come in. It is not ideal, but better than waiting for your scores before even submitting. The later you wait the worse your chances are. Especially if you are an IMG.

Reactions: 1 user
Seconded.. submit applications on ERAS in September, even if board scores come in later.

Oh, and just to be clear ERAS is the site used to apply and get interviews for residency. NRMP is the match site which runs it's course after interview season. You have to register for both, so don't forget to do that.

Hi guys,
I did Step 2 ck/cs, Step 1 is scheduled on next August, I'm trying my best to take it in August so I can submit NRMP application on Sep 15th, if I cannot take it in August, I will have to reschedule it in September, then I have to submit NRMP application in October.
Will that hurt me if I submit NRMB application one month late?

Thanks

I think the best advice one can give you is to take your steps such that at least your step 1 score is available by Mid September. You should submit your application earliest possible time as many programs review apps and offer IVs on the rolling basis. Some (usually the most competitive ones) wait until the Dean's letter becomes available on October 1st.

Why are you taking Step 1 after Step 2 CK/CS? I submitted my application on Oct 15 and matched. However, I do think I would have received more interviews had I submitted my application earlier.