What is a clinical report?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolbanana

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of applying for a post graduate fellowship in order to get training for my LCSW and the deadline is 4/1/15. That's well and good, I can get references and such by then. Here's my only problem: They ask for a clinical report and I have no idea what it is. Added to that is this is my first year doing therapy and having clients. So if I have to do a report about a client, I only have one and I've only seen them once so far. Can someone help me figure this out?

Here is the description: Clinical paper or narrative report (de-identified clinical report that includes presenting problem, history, current symptoms, diagnostic formulation, treatment goals and intervention approaches) with approximately two pages of process recording included

Members don't see this ad.

Its write up of an i(your) initial session with a patient. The clinical interview, psychosocial history, dx impressions, tx plan, etc.

Its write up of an i(your) initial session with a patient. The clinical interview, psychosocial history, dx impressions, tx plan, etc.
Okay that seems a little more do-able than I thought at first. I could definitely get that done before Feb.