What is a reapplicant? (Someone who applied to the same school or applied anywhere previously?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gauss44

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
To clarify this question, if Joe applied to Boston University last year and NOT Tufts (ever), and then applied to Tufts this year, would he be considered a reapplicant by Tufts?

Members don't see this ad.

Someone whose primary application was submitted and verified is considered an applicant. In future years, said individual would be a reapplicant.

Reactions: 1 user
But only at the schools you sent your primary to. So in your example you would not be a reapplicant to Tufts. But they may ask if you've ever applied to any med school before and you'd have to say yes. I think you use the same AMCAS ID number so they might assume you are a reap based on that.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

But only at the schools you sent your primary to. So in your example you would not be a reapplicant to Tufts. But they may ask if you've ever applied to any med school before and you'd have to say yes. I think you use the same AMCAS ID number so they might assume you are a reap based on that.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app
You're considered a reapplicant if you submit your primary to any school. You don't have to answer yes to questions asking about that specific school, but you do have to answer yes to the more general question, and every school will be able to see that you've applied to at least one medical school

Reactions: 1 user