what is considered early??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carolinev

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm planning on submitting my application by the end of July/early August. I know we should all strive to submit them as soon as possible, but what is the time frame that would still consider you an "early applicant?" I'm applying to UAB & SCO.

Thanks xx

Members don't see this ad.

The admissions counselor from OSU once told us that late September/early October is still somewhat early. You can always contact admissions from those schools to see what they say though.

Reactions: 1 user
I am also applying to UAB, which has a small class size, so definitely the earlier the better with them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also applying to UAB, which has a small class size, so definitely the earlier the better with them.
Have you already taken the OAT? I'm taking mine first week of August. Hope that doesn't slow me down.

EDIT: JUST KIDDING. I forgot about your post - you smashed your OAT!

Last edited:
You can still apply without the OAT, they just won't offer you an interview. At least you could have your name out there and they would be aware of you, then as soon as you take the test you're good to go.

You can still apply without the OAT, they just won't offer you an interview. At least you could have your name out there and they would be aware of you, then as soon as you take the test you're good to go.
I don't think this is entirely true. I've heard of people who got interviews without an OAT score.

I don't think this is entirely true. I've heard of people who got interviews without an OAT score.
Not all schools do it. I only heard ICO and PCO do. Probably because of their larger class size. But most school would not invite you for an interview without OAT score. Even they did, they still wait on it to grant you acceptance.

I should have been more specific.