What is going on?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chooxu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting for the last 2-3 months to hear from schools that I applied to. So far, I haven't heard anything. When I email/call them, they tell me that I just have to be patient and that there are tons of applications for them to go through. I don't remember having to wait this long when I applied last year (with a worse MCAT score and a lesser application). I'm trying my best not to get worried, but it's hard not to think about it and check my email/mail twice a day. Is anyone able to enlighten me as to what is going on here? Is anyone in my boat? Should I just take the schools' advice and be patient?

Members don't see this ad.

who took the August MCAT to some extent. I'm kinda in the same boat you're in. I do have a couple of interviews, but haven't heard squat from the rest of the schools, some of which I was complete at (sans scores) in July or August.

My MCAT score came up quite a bit since last year when I was WL at two schools. I've noticed that schools are booked for interviews way before they were last year -- for ex. last year I received an invite at state school x right after Christmas and interviewed in mid Jan. I rec'd an invite from them two weeks ago and the earliest interview date was a few days before mid Jan. I've seen on the boards that the same thing is happening at other schools.

I don't know if it's because of more apps or not, but it is frustrating. I've also been calling some of the schools and am just told that I'm "under review." Don't know what we can do.

Hang in there!

I'm on the same boat. I took the August MCAT, did better than last year (although not great, my VR sucks), was complete at almost all my school by the end of October... NOTHING since then. Well, that's not true. I got one rejection from Wake Forest very early, but I haven't heard anything else from any other school. No interview invites and some schools are booked until March... :( :( :( :mad:

I feel physically sick thinking that I might have to go through this process a third time... :eek: :scared: +pissed+