What is the best conference to meet Pain PDs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blitz2006

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
APS? AAPM? ASIP?

Also, is PGY3 the best year to go to conferences? I would obviously go every year, but i have limited vacay/conference time.

Sorry for newbie question, psych resident here trying to make some pain contacts.

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I don't know which is best for meeting PD's, but AAPM just happened for the year and APS is coming up. APS also has a special program in the Fundamentals of Pain that is very interesting, although you might have to already be admitted to a pain program to get in. I like ASIPP very much but it is not academically oriented.

If you are interested in fellowship, it would be logical to attend the year you are going to apply. Presenting a poster at the conference is even better!

Reactions: 1 user
I know someone who went to ASRA and said he met a decent number of PD's there.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Bump.

EM resident looking to meet some PDs. Should I go to AAPM, SIS, or ASIPP? I know ASIPP has a resident/fellow section, but other than 2017, I didn't see any resident networking opportunities with PDs. Please let me know. Thanks!

Bump.

EM resident looking to meet some PDs. Should I go to AAPM, SIS, or ASIPP? I know ASIPP has a resident/fellow section, but other than 2017, I didn't see any resident networking opportunities with PDs. Please let me know. Thanks!
I think ASRA does have some PDs. But the pain meeting is in November and the regional meeting in the spring. But if a meeting is close to where you live or corresponds to off time or weekend you should go

Agree with the ASRA pain meeting one as most PDs are anesthesia based. Although the meetings might help, you're probably get better yield from talking/shadowing/stalking your local and/or target program's faculty/PD.

ASRA has many
AAPM has about 6-10 that are involved in the leadership and attend almost every year. Stanford, CCF, Mayo clinic, RIC, etc

Reactions: 1 user