What is the relationship between withdrawing and financial aid?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Darksmurf

I'm the boy smurf
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My question: what happens when I withdraw from a school after getting off a waitlist at another school if I've already accepted the financial aid package at the first school?

Members don't see this ad.

My question: what happens when I withdraw from a school after getting off a waitlist at another school if I've already accepted the financial aid package at the first school?

Isn't this more of a question for the financial aid office than for a bunch of pre-meds? Call the school.

Call the school's fin aid office and find out. But more than likely, the fin aid dept will cancel your award once the admissions office notifies them of your withdrawal.

Members don't see this ad :)
I looked into this earlier because I was afraid that signing an MPN would bind me to the school. It doesn't You can cancel your loans at anytime until you actually receive them (which wouldn't be until school started anyway). But call the school you will be withdrawing from to make sure its the same for them and find out about what they need you to do to cancel the loans/award.

I looked into this earlier because I was afraid that signing an MPN would bind me to the school. It doesn't You can cancel your loans at anytime until you actually receive them (which wouldn't be until school started anyway). But call the school you will be withdrawing from to make sure its the same for them and find out about what they need you to do to cancel the loans/award.

Thanks. This is the kind of informed experience I was looking to hear before I called the financial aid office.