What is wrong with us?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

F0nzie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my wife recently asked me if I was still talking to "Benzo" on SDN. I was like "who? You mean Vistaril?" She started laughing because she really thought it was Benzo. Then she was like "so you just talk to same people online for the last 5 years? What is wrong with you guys?"

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
If only she knew of the patients who have hung around for four years. Although, you'd be more likely to surmise something's wrong with them.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Your wife is right. There's something very very wrong talking to Vistaril for 4 years. It's like a Hitchcock nightmare.

Reactions: 1 user
Damn, 5 years is nothing, I've known some of the folks on one of the patient support forums I frequent for close to 12 years now :D

Yeah. What IS wrong with us?
If only there were some experts on human behavior around here to explain it to us...

It'd be kind of funny to see a 'Grand Rounds' thread where people could post anonymous descriptions of their own personality traits/quirks/foibles etc etc and see what sort of diagnosis they end up with. :laugh:

It'd be kind of funny to see a 'Grand Rounds' thread where people could post anonymous descriptions of their own personality traits/quirks/foibles etc etc and see what sort of diagnosis they end up with. :laugh:
There have been experiments with this. Psychiatry has a fairly low reliability rate when it comes to diagnosis. Validity is a whole other topic, but validity can only be assured once there is reliability. (I took a research methods class this summer, related to political science, but we briefly used psychiatry as an example.) The short of it is, from what I remember, is that the same presented symptoms will yield rather varying results from psychiatrist to psychiatrist. That could be why, at least in my experience, psychiatrist (and psychologists, as well) have been rather reluctant to label me, and labels are generally said to be just for the purpose of insurance filing.

You talk to your wife about vistaril? That sounds weirder than talking to strangers on a forum...