What is your dream school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Buff OP

-lll-------lll-
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Finals are around the corner. Lets remind ourselves what we are working hard for. What are y'alls dream medical school or schools and why? :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
UVA Med

But I doubt I'd ever get in haha

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm trying to shoot for Stanford and Baylor. Stanford is beautiful place and campus, I would like to have a good reason to move back to my native state (not referring to biochemistry lol). Baylor is a big influence in my area and cheaper.

• Baylor
  • Stanford
  • Pritzker
  • UC​‒​San Diego
  • UT-Southwestern
  • UT-Houston
  • Yale

Last edited:
Any American school that accepts me.

University of Washington would be legit, nice campus, excellent facilities, location.

any school that's dirt cheap and relatively easy to get into. i am not ambitious at all, i just want to scrape by and get into some school. :xf: please, please, please, please, please... i have two in-state state schools, let at least one of them work out... :scared:

My 4 top choices are the awesome ones in Manhattan. Mt. Sinai, Cornell, Columbia, and NYU.

My absolute top top would be Cornell.

Yes I know the chances are super slim but one can hope.

Members don't see this ad :)
My 4 top choices are the awesome ones in Manhattan. Mt. Sinai, Cornell, Columbia, and NYU.

My absolute top top would be Cornell.

Yes I know the chances are super slim but one can hope.

:thumbup:

CCLCM. Great research focus, great curriculum, excellent clinical exposure @ CC, and it's free.

UCSF. Great school. Excellent research. Beautiful city.

One can dream ............ :laugh:

clase2014.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
In b4 someone makes a Princeton joke

edit: in after

Last edited:
Duke Johns Harford-Hopkins College of Physicians & Surgeons

Icahn, Columbia, NYU, Cornell.

:(

U of SoCal! Too bad I hear that California med schools are like impossible to get in to....

icahn still refer to it as Mt. Sinai, right?

I see what you did there :)

For me, my dream schools were definitely not realized after the application/interview season. Sure, I was rejected by a couple of them before being able to see them in all their glory, but the reality of some of the others definitely did not live up to my expectations. On the other hand, some places I wasn't very excited about wow-ed the pants off me. Moral of the story, pre-concieved notions are pretty much worthless.

any school that's dirt cheap and relatively easy to get into. i am not ambitious at all, i just want to scrape by and get into some school. :xf: please, please, please, please, please... i have two in-state state schools, let at least one of them work out... :scared:

:laugh: show some class :rolleyes:

I have no state schools in my current city. So I am considering a move just for this :(

Long time from now, but any school that accepts me. They'll be my favorite :)

UCSF. Great research and clinical opportunities, one of the best cities ever, great weather (I like fog), what's there not to like?

Pitt school of medicine. Living the dream :)

Didn't read whole thread, so sorry if I repeat what anyone above said:

Any school which offers me a sizable scholarship.

Dream schools in the real world: Stony Brook or Buffalo​ because of the in-state tuition

Dream schools without factoring in cost: Columbia, Cornell, Mount Sinai, or NYU

I'd really like to go to school in NYC, if you couldn't tell.

Last edited:
I'd like to go to Albert Einstein, Hoftstra is near (not a dream school), and I wouldn't mind Stony Brook, oh and SUNY Downstate is near as well.

Dream schools in the real world: Stony Brook or Buffalo​ because of the in-state tuition

Dream schools without factoring in cost: Columbia, Cornell, Mount Sinai, or NYU

I'd really like to go to school in NYC, if you couldn't tell.

Fellow New Yorker.. (the city that is..)