What is your greatest weakness?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I'll go first, I hold things in and don't release tension like I should. I live in a family of yellers and I am an avoider, if someone in my family gets mad, they yell about it, whereas I just go into my room and don't talk to them for a week.

Members don't see this ad.

512px-SDN_Logo_Square.svg.png

But useful nonetheless :happy:

Reactions: 14 users
512px-SDN_Logo_Square.svg.png

But useful nonetheless :happy:
Yes, but this too is a distraction:
Netflix-Old-Logo.png

I mean, come on, who amongst us hasn't already finished the latest season of OITNB?

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, but this too is a distraction:
Netflix-Old-Logo.png

I mean, come on, who amongst us hasn't already finished the latest season of OITNB?
*guiltily raises hand*
I'm at the end of the episode where Red is making a special someone cake.

RuneScape. Conveniently titled "Run, escape"

Reactions: 3 users
LOL im leaving before I derail this thread even more

Members don't see this ad :)
"I care too much.

I work too hard."

Reactions: 1 users
Teaching moment! There are lots of interviewees who try to pull these types of answers.

They get skewered by the following question: "So you think positive traits are weaknesses?

What about saying you care too much about things you can't control? I think it can be construed positively because it shows dedication or empathy.

I do agree that the weakness should always have some positive spin

That could be taken as a negative...ie, control issues!

What about saying you care too much about things you can't control? I think it can be construed positively because it shows dedication or empathy.

I do agree that the weakness should always have some positive spin

Reactions: 1 user
I will be constructive and give mine. I am not flexible as I should be, I try to plan things to work in a particular manner and when it doesn't work I spend more time going over why my plans fail instead of adjusting to the situation quickly which is a good quality for a doctor to have

Old school. Nice.
But literally, if you haven't played the re-released old school version, google it NOW.

edit: and tell your SO/family you won't be seeing them for a couple of days.

Standard question to see if you're self-aware of your problems, and what you've done to deal with it. Totally bogus question to ask in an interview, but whatev:

"I'm sure you've heard of the term 'hangry'? Some people get a little irritable when they're hungry, but when I don't get a chance to eat, I get really mad and act out. Once, I woke up late and couldn't eat breakfast and had to scramble to get to class. I also had to finish up a lab report that was due in the afternoon and it counted for 20% of my lab grade so I had to skip lunch. Fortunately, I usually stash some protein bars at the lab, but my lab partner ate them, and when I got there, I got so mad, they tell me I went into some kinda rage, I kept punching him in the face until he passed out. So, now when I start getting hangry, I snap a rubber band I have around my wrist to distract me from getting mad. My flight arrived late so I missed the interview lunch today, and I was doing pretty good until I got into your office, because my rubber band just broke."

Reactions: 9 users
Totally bogus question to ask in an interview, but whatev
100% agree. Makes it feel like the interviewers just got online and printed some website full of interview questions instead of asking what they really want; showing lack of interest.

Standard question to see if you're self-aware of your problems, and what you've done to deal with it. Totally bogus question to ask in an interview, but whatev:

"I'm sure you've heard of the term 'hangry'? Some people get a little irritable when they're hungry, but when I don't get a chance to eat, I get really mad and act out. Once, I woke up late and couldn't eat breakfast and had to scramble to get to class. I also had to finish up a lab report that was due in the afternoon and it counted for 20% of my lab grade so I had to skip lunch. Fortunately, I usually stash some protein bars at the lab, but my lab partner ate them, and when I got there, I got so mad, they tell me I went into some kinda rage, I kept punching him in the face until he passed out. So, now when I start getting hangry, I snap a rubber band I have around my wrist to distract me from getting mad. My flight arrived late so I missed the interview lunch today, and I was doing pretty good until I got into your office, because my rubber band just broke."
Hey tkim, have a snickers.

Reactions: 4 users
"I'm too good at everything I do"

My greatest weakness is that my swag levels are too high and it makes people envious.

image.jpg

Or maybe it's my handwriting. Not really sure

Reactions: 5 users
public speaking is always the answer to this question

I'll go first, I hold things in and don't release tension like I should. I live in a family of yellers and I am an avoider, if someone in my family gets mad, they yell about it, whereas I just go into my room and don't talk to them for a week.
women

"Sometimes I feel like I win too much. Im trying to take a L once in a while since I know that that'll make me a more relatable physician, but that just my humble opinion"

I have a demure demeanor and can be a pushover.

I am also overly sensitive.

Last edited:
I'm way too willing to voice my opinion of people to their faces.

its not interview season yet! jk.

my greatest weakness is how sexy I am
that, or my overly developed sense of modesty

although I'll have to lead with too sexy as classic fodder for the "greatest weakness as greatest strength question"

Reactions: 1 users
My greatest weakness is the fact I don't spread the butter evenly over toast because I'm lazy. I regret it every time....

Reactions: 2 users
My greatest weakness is that I'm way too hard on myself. I expect perfection and when I fall short I get really down on myself.

Thankfully I don't fall too short too often.

Reactions: 3 users