MPH What kind of experience should I look for?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SignificantOtters

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
After I graduate I plan to take a year (or two) off before going into a MPH program. I'm planning to apply for a MPH in Epidemiology, so what kind of experience should I look for during this time? Are there any specific programs or internships related to epidemiology I should apply to?

Members don't see this ad.

Anything public health related would be fine. I started an MPH program in epidemiology this year with no prior background specific to Epi. Finding an Epi related internship may be difficult if you don't have the an educational background in the field, but anything public health related would be beneficial when applying to programs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volunteering is another option if you can't get a public health related job.

Anything public health related would be fine. I started an MPH program in epidemiology this year with no prior background specific to Epi. Finding an Epi related internship may be difficult if you don't have the an educational background in the field, but anything public health related would be beneficial when applying to programs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where should I look for volunteer opportunities?