What low tier schools should I consider?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MintChocolateChip94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am reapplying for medical schools this cycle. Last time, I applied to a lot of schools depending on the AAMC website percentages for number of students who matriculated out of those who applied. Based on what I heard from other users on this forum, I should not have considered any out of state public schools at all. I was told to consider only my state schools, DO schools, and private allo schools. Now, I am hearing about low tier schools, which I did not know about before. What schools would you suggest I apply to this time with an MCAT of 29 and a gpa of 3.84? I have retaken the new mcat and I am waiting for my scores.

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

What state are you from?

If you don't have the MSAR, go on http://medical-schools.startclass.com/ and anything ranked over 80-85 is probably low tier. This website isn't too accurate as the data isn't quite up to date, so be careful. If you have the MSAR then simply look for private schools with lower median MCAT scores (there is a search feature).

Oklahoma
What state are you from?

If you don't have the MSAR, go on http://medical-schools.startclass.com/ and anything ranked over 80-85 is probably low tier. This website isn't too accurate as the data isn't quite up to date, so be careful. If you have the MSAR then simply look for private schools with lower median MCAT scores (there is a search feature).

Come back when you have your new MCAT score.

Hi everyone,

I am reapplying for medical schools this cycle. Last time, I applied to a lot of schools depending on the AAMC website percentages for number of students who matriculated out of those who applied. Based on what I heard from other users on this forum, I should not have considered any out of state public schools at all. I was told to consider only my state schools, DO schools, and private allo schools. Now, I am hearing about low tier schools, which I did not know about before. What schools would you suggest I apply to this time with an MCAT of 29 and a gpa of 3.84? I have retaken the new mcat and I am waiting for my scores.

Thanks,