What Major?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Homer17

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you could pick any major, and be good at it, which would it be?

Members don't see this ad.

Math.

I was a chem major in college, but if I had it to do over again, I would do more math.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd go with Math too, but I want to graduate in 4 years, I took off a year after high school, and it would be extrememly hard to do that and fit in the req's for med school.

Business,
Then you will know how to manage all the loans and money you make when you are finished with medical school:)

Film and kinesiology...neither of which are offered at my school (and moving wasn't an option when I went back to school) so I'm content with a biology and chemistry double major with a kinesiology/biomechanics emphasis and taking film classes on the side for fun :D

--Jessica, UCCS

Physics, with an emphasis on quantum mechanics :)

- Quideam

Physics, emphasis on astrophysics. :D

Man, I miss physics.

If I could also finish on time, perhaps math and business. I also love music so I would do that.:)

If you want an easy course load, then do biology (life is a pain when you start stacking all the premed reqs on top of another major). If you like learning stuff, mechanical engineering........you can do just about anything with an ME degree.

Finance... I would do it all over again!

Socializing is a great major...where else are you going to have the time to hang out as much as in undergrad??? why stress yourself with +++++majors? socialize, socialize....but be responsible

History. I loved history/civics classes in high school. I loved the few I took in college. Something about that subject just interested me and after I read it once it stuck for several weeks.

The problem was that I wanted to take 2 years off and work before starting med school. Wouldn't have been possible with a history degree from a small state college.

Instead I majored in chem because I knew it knocked out a lot of the pre-med requirements and it would be easy to get a job either working in industry or teaching high school for a few years. I picked teaching high school science and it's actually pretty cool. Still, I would much rather have been taking American History classes than pchem :)

Definately art. Although I'm still undergrad, so technically I could change.... I love it, I'm just not very good (talented) at it. :laugh: