What MCAT book should I buy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biologyjunkie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
ive narrowed it down to Princeton review. I'm trying to decide between the study pack that includes individual books based on each subject or the complete review book that includes all subjects which is about a thousand pages. Meanwhile I work full time so I'm trying to get something that is convenient yet covers the most in depth information. A friend of mine who is an np said get the complete book instead of the individual books. What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

I am pretty sure that the individual books and the complete set book are the same. However, I do not work for that company so I can not tell you for sure. I think the main difference is that the individual books will have color pictures and the single book will have black and white pictures.

Maybe another premed can jump in and double check what I said is correct.

I actually used TPR exclusively for the MCAT. I recommend getting the individual books except their CARS book. It's basically a strategy book on how to do well on the CARS section. I recommend searching for the TPR science workbook and their verbal book (I don't remember what they call it now). Both these books are full of passages to practice for the exam. Really work through those passages and you should be fine for the test.

ive narrowed it down to Princeton review. I'm trying to decide between the study pack that includes individual books based on each subject or the complete review book that includes all subjects which is about a thousand pages. Meanwhile I work full time so I'm trying to get something that is convenient yet covers the most in depth information. A friend of mine who is an np said get the complete book instead of the individual books. What do you think?

Hi!

Are these the books you're comparing? The links will take you to the publisher's website.

MCAT Subject Review Complete Box Set

The Princeton Review Complete MCAT

If those are the ones, I can get you more info about them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually used TPR exclusively for the MCAT. I recommend getting the individual books except their CARS book. It's basically a strategy book on how to do well on the CARS section. I recommend searching for the TPR science workbook and their verbal book (I don't remember what they call it now). Both these books are full of passages to practice for the exam. Really work through those passages and you should be fine for the test.
Wonderful thanks

OH yes an I'm also considering kindle book form.

The box set includes all 6 MCAT Review books and is the most comprehensive product that we sell. It comes with 3 online practice MCAT tests and some other goodies. MCAT Complete is a book made up of about 4-5 chapters from each Review book, but combined to make MCAT Complete. MCAT Complete comes with 4 practice tests online.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please let me know!

- R