What MCAT scores are competitive for DO programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saleemrodman1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking my MCAT in two weeks, and I am getting in the low 60% for ExamKrackers and I got a 500 on the AAMC full Length (126 C/P, 123 CARS, 126 B/B, 125 Psych/Soc). I was thinking about rescheduling because I am so bad at CARS. I also got a 56% on CARS pack 2. I don't know what is an appropriate score for DO programs.

I was hoping to go to a California DO school, but I don't mind if I have to relocate.

Here is some relevant information

Major: Biochemistry
Resident: California
cGPA: 3.40
sGPA: 3.16
nsGPA: 3.72
Hospital Volunteer: 400 Hours
Disabled Care Volunteer: 100 Hours
Medical Brigade: Two Weeks
Volunteered at Orphanage abroad: One Month
Shadowed three Allopathic and two Osteopathic Physicians
Student Government: Two Years
Violinist and Musician
Team Soccer Player

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am taking my MCAT in two weeks, and I am getting in the low 60% for ExamKrackers and I got a 500 on the AAMC full Length (126 C/P, 123 CARS, 126 B/B, 125 Psych/Soc). I was thinking about rescheduling because I am so bad at CARS. I also got a 56% on CARS pack 2. I don't know what is an appropriate score for DO programs.

I was hoping to go to a California DO school, but I don't mind if I have to relocate.

Here is some relevant information

Major: Biochemistry
Resident: California
cGPA: 3.40
sGPA: 3.16
nsGPA: 3.72
Hospital Volunteer: 400 Hours
Disabled Care Volunteer: 100 Hours
Medical Brigade: Two Weeks
Volunteered at Orphanage abroad: One Month
Shadowed three Allopathic and two Osteopathic Physicians
Student Government: Two Years
Violinist and Musician
Team Soccer Player

You're probably in the 499-505 range on your MCAT based on your practice AAMC FL, which may be fine for DO schools if you score in the upper end of that range.

Touro CA has a mcat average of ~30 (79%) while Western is ~28 (67%) so a 500 (53%) may not cut it in Cali especially with a 3.16 sGPA (DO GPA average is ~3.5.