What Medical Schools Should I apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hugh2012

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just finished my sophomore year with a cumulative GPA of 3.78 and science GPA of 3.7o at a Top 10 school. I have had an upwards trend since I initially got off to a rough start freshman year. I was wondering for suggestions of schools that I have a shot at. I haven't taken MCATs yet so I know I am still limited in that respects, but my top schools would probably be Mount Sinai, Columbia, and Cornell. I have a publication in Circulation as one of the second authors, very good clinical exposure/volunteer work, and am very involved in music at my school with leadership positions. I know I sound very vague, but I just like to maintain anonymity by not giving away too much details. Anyways, I would just appreciate if you guys can help me come up with schools and divide them into three categories 1. Reach 2. Reasonable 3. Safety. Any help would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

So I just finished my sophomore year with a cumulative GPA of 3.78 and science GPA of 3.7o at a Top 10 school. I have had an upwards trend since I initially got off to a rough start freshman year. I was wondering for suggestions of schools that I have a shot at. I haven't taken MCATs yet so I know I am still limited in that respects, but my top schools would probably be Mount Sinai, Columbia, and Cornell. I have a publication in Circulation as one of the second authors, very good clinical exposure/volunteer work, and am very involved in music at my school with leadership positions. I know I sound very vague, but I just like to maintain anonymity by not giving away too much details. Anyways, I would just appreciate if you guys can help me come up with schools and divide them into three categories 1. Reach 2. Reasonable 3. Safety. Any help would be appreciated.
When you have an MCAT score and have reviewed the MSAR, come over to What Are My Chances for review!

There is absolutely no way to divide up schools into those categories (or really, any categories) without knowing your MCAT. Without the MCAT, we have no idea of your true academic abilities relative to the rest of the nation.

You could be anywhere from [absolutely no chance at any med school anywhere] to [solid chance at top 5 schools].