What motivates you to study???????????????????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstudent085

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To those of you who are studying for step 1...........what motivates you to study even when you don't want to study OR when you are not in the mood?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
There's a huge gap between the nice jobs in the medicine and the **** jobs (the fields you rotate through third year). Maybe you like pain, a lot of people in medical school act like they do, but it's nice to have options.

Because I've already got an idea for a sweet facebook status update when I get my score back and I did well.

To those of you who are studying for step 1...........what motivates you to study even when you don't want to study OR when you are not in the mood?

Nothing. I mean it. Nothing. It's a BIG problem. So it takes me a lot of focus and determination to get started and when I do, focus and determination to stay the path. If I can (and it's hard, and it doesn't last long), then I'm fine, because I enjoy the subject material. But otherwise, nothing motivates me - none of the obvious dire consequences or the huge fear of failure that I have. I guess the OP was looking for ideas/help. If any that are not material i.e "material dire consquences" becuase those don't work for me, do let me know please...