What OnlineMedEd to do for FM shelf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KP2AZ

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What Online Med Ed videos/notes would be best to use for the FM shelf? Currently doing Cardio-pulm-endocrine. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Do parts of ID, read ambulatory section from step up and do Aafp questions. onlinemeded for shelf is not helpful

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do parts of ID, read ambulatory section from step up and do Aafp questions. onlinemeded for shelf is not helpful

I disagree, I pretty much used only online meded for all of my shelfs (shelves?) and got >107 on all but surgery. I was so over reading by third year though so I found the videos necessary to get me to study at all. Ideally you'd do all of IM, ob/gyn, peds as above, but if you don't have time for that I agree on cardio, pulm, endo and I'd add GI, infectious disease and anemias.

Reactions: 1 user
I disagree, I pretty much used only online meded for all of my shelfs (shelves?) and got >107 on all but surgery. I was so over reading by third year though so I found the videos necessary to get me to study at all. Ideally you'd do all of IM, ob/gyn, peds as above, but if you don't have time for that I agree on cardio, pulm, endo and I'd add GI, infectious disease and anemias.

Sorry I miss spoke. Online meded is not going to help him for family med shelf unless he does all of Meded videos which doesn't seem possible if you are taking that shelf at the beginning of 3rd year.
Focus on aafp questions

Reactions: 1 users
Thank y'all for the responses...FM shelf at the beginning of 3rd isn't exactly the easiest to study for, but I'll hammer out as many AAFP questions a possible.

What about the internal medicine shelf? Should I watch the neuro and derm videos? Or just the IM sub specialty videos (cardio, GI, ID, etc)?

What about the internal medicine shelf? Should I watch the neuro and derm videos? Or just the IM sub specialty videos (cardio, GI, ID, etc)?

I did all IM videos - maybe skipped derm because it was low yield. But I did all the uworld questions and that's what's important

I did all IM videos - maybe skipped derm because it was low yield. But I did all the uworld questions and that's what's important

I felt like the FM shelf was the unofficial derm shelf. At least 10 questions.