What percent of acceptances are given Dec 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheSandlapper

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, question in the title, I know that acceptances are first offered on the first but how many? This is my first time applying so I had no clue but everyone here is waiting on Dec 1 like that is the for sure date they will hear back but I thought they kept offering for a while. Also, does an early interview lead to an earlier acceptance? I had my interview at my #1 choice the first day they offered interviews so I would assume if I'm hearing back at all it would be on the first, am I right in thinking this?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
There are going to be a million threads about when people are going to hear because they weren't accepted Dec 1st.

Don't stress if it doesn't happen that day, there will be a ton more acceptances after Dec 1.

If you interviewed first day, I would imagine your stats are good and you would have a decent chance but not certain chance.

Alright, question in the title, I know that acceptances are first offered on the first but how many? This is my first time applying so I had no clue but everyone here is waiting on Dec 1 like that is the for sure date they will hear back but I thought they kept offering for a while. Also, does an early interview lead to an earlier acceptance? I had my interview at my #1 choice the first day they offered interviews so I would assume if I'm hearing back at all it would be on the first, am I right in thinking this?
The number of acceptances sent out on december 1st depends on the school. I know some schools that send out enough acceptances to fill half the class and i know some schools that send enough out to fill their whole class. I also don't think the date of your interview has any effect on when you will hear back.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview at my #1 choice the first day they offered interviews so I would assume if I'm hearing back at all it would be on the first, am I right in thinking this?

My interview was on the last day of interviews, and I was accepted last year on Dec. 1st.......

My interview was on the last day of interviews, and I was accepted last year on Dec. 1st.......
Go blue! Hope to see a few m0re OSU players crying to the media again tomorrow afternoon;)

I'm from Nebraska, so not really a Buckeye fan....Go Big Red! Beat the Hawkeyes!

I'm from Nebraska, so not really a Buckeye fan....Go Big Red! Beat the Hawkeyes!
Sorry if you don't mind Im asking. Being from Nebraska, did you apply to Creighton?

Sorry if you don't mind Im asking. Being from Nebraska, did you apply to Creighton?
Yup. I was accepted both there and Ohio State. I have lived in Ohio for the last 10 years, so the in state tuition was a no brainer...

I'm also curious about this question