What percentage of accepted medical students used prep course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ymartino

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was searching the web earlier today to find out what percentage of currently enrolled or accepted medical students used a preparatory course such as Kaplan or TPR for MCAT preparation. I couldn't find this information so I'm asking here.

Does anyone know what percentage of medical students used a prep course? Please send a link of where you got this information as well. Thank you!!

(I'm only curious since I recently signed up for a Kaplan course after 3 months of unsuccessful self-study, and I wanted to know how useful it was for others.)

Members don't see this ad.

No statistic about prep courses will help. Some of the highest scorers don't use one, others would probably score in the 20's without one. Seeing as you already spent 3 months and weren't ready to write the test you appear to need the added disipline of the course, as 3 months is more than enought time to prepare

Reactions: 1 user
No statistic about prep courses will help. Some of the highest scorers don't use one, others would probably score in the 20's without one. Seeing as you already spent 3 months and weren't ready to write the test you appear to need the added disipline of the course, as 3 months is more than enought time to prepare

Three months is indeed enough time. However, no amount of time is sufficient when one is unfocused, unstructured, and not confident (such was I...). Thanks though.