What schools look at upward trends/reinvention?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IL Pre Med

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking to add more schools to my primary since I finally got caught up with my secondaries. Do you guys have any insight as to which schools would give me a decent shot? I have the MSAR but unfortunately doesn't tell me about nontrads and people with good graduate vs undergraduate performance. Any help is appreciated! For reference stats are 3.0 uGPA 4.0 post bacc 35 MCAT

Members don't see this ad.

Based upon posts in these forums, the following schools believe in reinvention: Albany, Drexel, Case, Vanderbilt, BU, NYMC, SUNY-Upstate, Tulane, and Wayne State....plus any DO school.

A good number of other schools state that they look at the last 2-3 years of your academics. Utah is one of them. You're going to have to do your homework here.

Looking to add more schools to my primary since I finally got caught up with my secondaries. Do you guys have any insight as to which schools would give me a decent shot? I have the MSAR but unfortunately doesn't tell me about nontrads and people with good graduate vs undergraduate performance. Any help is appreciated! For reference stats are 3.0 uGPA 4.0 post bacc 35 MCAT

Reactions: 1 users
Based upon posts in these forums, the following schools believe in reinvention: Albany, Drexel, Case, Vanderbilt, BU, NYMC, SUNY-Upstate, Tulane, and Wayne State....plus any DO school.

A good number of other schools state that they look at the last 2-3 years of your academics. Utah is one of them. You're going to have to do your homework here.
Perfect thank you as always @Goro , this is a good starting point.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow we're app twins. Based on MDapplicants.com places like Michigan State, Hofstra, RFU, Wake Forest and Ohio State seem like they'd view our apps favourably, in addition to all the schools on Goro's list. Good luck! Hope we both have some success this cycle.

Reactions: 2 users