What schools weight the MCAT heavily

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nm825

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my MCAT scores back today (35) and I'm pretty excited. What schools weigh the MCAT heavily? I have a 3.66 cGPA and 3.43 sGPA from a top 50ish school, one-time MCAT score of 13/11/11 (35), and weak ECs which I'm trying to approve upon during these two gap years

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I just got my MCAT scores back today (35) and I'm pretty excited. What schools weight the MCAT very heavily? I have a 3.66 cGPA and 3.43 sGPA from a top 50ish school, one-time MCAT score of 13/11/11 (35), and weak ECs which I'm trying to approve upon during these two gap years

Apply to MDs buddy. You're good for any DOs. Have fun in med school :thumbup:

Every single DO school will want you. You'll have IIs 2 weeks after being complete. Improve your ECs and you're competitive at MD schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations on that score! Your GPA is really not that bad eiither. Just work on your EC's and you will be in fantastic shape.

Concur, but you'll need good ECs for both MD and DO. We've rejected people with >36 MCAT for never having set foot in a hospital, or looked at a patient. Ditto for MD schools, based upon posts in other forums

Every single DO school will want you. You'll have IIs 2 weeks after being complete. Improve your ECs and you're competitive at MD schools.

Congrats!

If you have something on your app that shows a commitment to osteopathic medicine you'll be good to go for any school. I have lower stats (34 MCAT and below 3.5 for both GPAs), and got an ii from CCOM within a few days of completion. Not sure who else favors a strong MCAT since all other DO schools have given me the silent treatment over the last month and a half.