What should I aim for?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Science_bro89

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I wanted to know where do you think I stand in applying to medical this cycle and an MCAT score I should make. Below are my stats.

African American male
Undergraduate GPA: 3.45 science GPA: 3.45
Masters GPA: 4.0 molecular bio
Over an year of research experience in obesity and metabolic pathways.
Study Abroad trip to Taiwan last summer to study biomedicine at China Medical University.
Shadowing hours: 20
Clinical: 200
Tribeta biology honor society and outside clinical volunteering.
Minority premed club.
Taught intro to bio lab for over an year as an TA.
Worked in various environmental lab.
Currently working full time in a biotechnology clinical lab making tissue grafts for various hospitals for wound care.

Taking my MCAT this Friday.
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Always aim for the best score you can get, statistically a 28-29 would put you in a comfortable position, given your URM status. Anything above 34 will be competitive for top 20s. You also need to increase your number of shadowing hours, and non clinical volunteer hours.

As high as you can get. 508+ would be nice.

Hi guys! I wanted to know where do you think I stand in applying to medical this cycle and an MCAT score I should make. Below are my stats.

African American male
Undergraduate GPA: 3.45 science GPA: 3.45
Masters GPA: 4.0 molecular bio
Over an year of research experience in obesity and metabolic pathways.
Study Abroad trip to Taiwan last summer to study biomedicine at China Medical University.
Shadowing hours: 20
Clinical: 200
Tribeta biology honor society and outside clinical volunteering.
Minority premed club.
Taught intro to bio lab for over an year as an TA.
Worked in various environmental lab.
Currently working full time in a biotechnology clinical lab making tissue grafts for various hospitals for wound care.

Taking my MCAT this Friday.
Thank you!

27+ and you are in very very solid shape. 25+ equivalent and you can be competitive. 33+ equivalent and you can really start thinking about applying to some top 20 schools.