What should I do? Long desperate rant.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ataha

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is the situation... I'm going through some things that have made me depressed and lethargic lately, I can't seem to get out of this slump. Before this semester I've had a relatively good gpa ~3.5 but I can't seem to do well in school, because as much as I study, I'm always too tired and seem to be making careless mistakes misinterpreting questions. I'm also taking Phy2049 and failing, I have only calc I under my belt and calc 2 is a prerequisite, the counselor should have told me. This is my first semester at UF (I moved from Valencia College after getting my AA to FSU (1 semester), then from FSU to UF). I don't want to give up, I started seeing psychiatrists (i honestly didn't think I was depressed until they all started telling me I was). I don't know what to do, I was thinking of just dropping out (most likely losing my bright futures) but then never ever mentioning I ever went to UF, although this seems like it wouldn't work. I'm taking orgo I, med terminology, phy2049 and its lab, and sta2023..I can probably manage a B or B- in Orgo, physics seems hopeless, can probably get a C or C- only because of the homeworks. Med term; A, Statistics B.. thats how things are kind of going for me right now should I just withdraw from physics? i would probably lose my brightfutures for going under fulltime (last semester i ended up with 11 credits) i just feel so terrible, i feel like my life is hopeless right now. I've only withdrawn from one other class (bio II) and then took it again and got an A, if you were in my shoes would you withdraw from physics? that would put my credits at 10, and I know schools don't like that. (honestly how important is that to schools?)

Members don't see this ad.

Here is the situation... I'm going through some things that have made me depressed and lethargic lately, I can't seem to get out of this slump. Before this semester I've had a relatively good gpa ~3.5 but I can't seem to do well in school, because as much as I study, I'm always too tired and seem to be making careless mistakes misinterpreting questions. I'm also taking Phy2049 and failing, I have only calc I under my belt and calc 2 is a prerequisite, the counselor should have told me. This is my first semester at UF (I moved from Valencia College after getting my AA to FSU (1 semester), then from FSU to UF). I don't want to give up, I started seeing psychiatrists (i honestly didn't think I was depressed until they all started telling me I was). I don't know what to do, I was thinking of just dropping out (most likely losing my bright futures) but then never ever mentioning I ever went to UF, although this seems like it wouldn't work. I'm taking orgo I, med terminology, phy2049 and its lab, and sta2023..I can probably manage a B or B- in Orgo, physics seems hopeless, can probably get a C or C- only because of the homeworks. Med term; A, Statistics B.. thats how things are kind of going for me right now should I just withdraw from physics? i would probably lose my brightfutures for going under fulltime (last semester i ended up with 11 credits) i just feel so terrible, i feel like my life is hopeless right now. I've only withdrawn from one other class (bio II) and then took it again and got an A, if you were in my shoes would you withdraw from physics? that would put my credits at 10, and I know schools don't like that. (honestly how important is that to schools?)

Stay at UF. Drop the failing course. Try to get your other grades to a B-. Schools hate bad grades more than a semester of low credit hours. Take the summer to center yourself. Life isn't hopeless. You need to go break a big bill into some ones. Take those ones to a strip club. You can enjoy seeing naked women and see what hopeless really looks like.

+1, deff take the summer off, and try to achieve true devotion and peace.

Members don't see this ad :)

You seem to be under a lot of pressure and a lot of stress. You should do what would be good for you and will help you alleviate the pressure and stress. Perhaps it's a good idea to drop the class and give yourself some room to breathe. After all, if you're freaking out, you're not likely to get good grades. But take any info on here with a grain of salt.

See a pre dental advisor. He/she will probably have something more informative and better to say.

I know it can be tough, good luck.

drop physics

if math isn't your strength don't cram all your math heavy courses in one semester

gpa >>>>> having full course loads, which is more of a med school preference anyway imo

chill

Thank you guys so much, I really appreciate all the responses so much and I'm so happy that I took the time to post here, what a great site honestly. :) I hope every one of us here achieves his goals in the medical field :)

From what I hear, if your tired and always in the mood to sleep "your depressed," psychiatry is a business. No matter how depressed you are whether it's if you're always tired or cutting yourself. They'll tell you, you are depressed.

I'm just saying this because I hope your not taking the depression too far. Everyone gets depressed, find out what's wrong and cheer up dude.

You might check out a general doctor and ask for a Thyroid analysis. I know sonebody that was always sleeping because of this but I think they are better now. It's worth a shot if you really don't think it's depression.

On a side note, I think a lot of people feel similar during undergrad. Especially if it's a big transition for them. Worry about your grades but spend just as much time trying to make new friends and find interesting clubs that will stimulate you.

From what I hear, if your tired and always in the mood to sleep "your depressed," psychiatry is a business. No matter how depressed you are whether it's if you're always tired or cutting yourself. They'll tell you, you are depressed.

I'm just saying this because I hope your not taking the depression too far. Everyone gets depressed, find out what's wrong and cheer up dude.

Agree with this.