What should i do? mamamiaaaa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imbackasd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so basically I want to boost my GPA by retaking some of my pre recs before applying to DO schools. I can only take 3 courses this summer (my ******ed school has a limit for summer classes...I don't understand why..the tuition is more thus they are making more and ontop of it since when do they care if you pass/fail hehe anyway)

So right now I have registered to take:

Orgo I
GChem I
Immunology

Now I have taken Orgo and Gchem and gotten C/C+ in both courses.

My question is how should i do this, should i do... Orgo I Orgo II and Gchem I or stick with what I have. I want to take immunology since its a class I havent taken before but I can take it in the spring of next year but the professor is supposed to be extremely hard and I dont want to risk anything before applying.

Sincerely,

Its a me- mario!

Members don't see this ad.

Either way is fine... I'd probably take Orgo I/Orgo II/Chem I just to get organic completed during the summer so I could take biochem in the Fall. It's up to you.

Already taken biochem and received a B+ in it. I was asking because does it look bad I only retook the first half of both classes? Or should i retake an entire course

Members don't see this ad :)
Already taken biochem and received a B+ in it. I was asking because does it look bad I only retook the first half of both classes? Or should i retake an entire course

Oh... no, only retake the individual classes. Don't retake the entire subject! :laugh:

Hey guys so basically I want to boost my GPA by retaking some of my pre recs before applying to DO schools. I can only take 3 courses this summer (my ******ed school has a limit for summer classes...I don't understand why..the tuition is more thus they are making more and ontop of it since when do they care if you pass/fail hehe anyway)

So right now I have registered to take:

Orgo I
GChem I
Immunology

Now I have taken Orgo and Gchem and gotten C/C+ in both courses.

My question is how should i do this, should i do... Orgo I Orgo II and Gchem I or stick with what I have. I want to take immunology since its a class I havent taken before but I can take it in the spring of next year but the professor is supposed to be extremely hard and I dont want to risk anything before applying.

Sincerely,

Its a me- mario!

When are you applying? How'd you do on the other half?

If you're applying next year you could knock out orgo/chem this summer followed by chem 2 in the fall and orgo 2 in the spring. Then you don't really overload yourself.

Only take immuno if you know for a fact you'll get an A, otherwise it's not worth it. Plus you'll get plenty of immuno in med school.

Yeah well I got C/C+ in both I and II in gchem and orgo thats why I was asking if it looks weird I only got the chance to retake both part Is only.

Yeah well I got C/C+ in both I and II in gchem and orgo thats why I was asking if it looks weird I only got the chance to retake both part Is only.

Weird or not a retake with an A looks a hell of a lot better, lol. Take what you can. Any reason you can't retake the second half during the fall and spring? Are you applying as soon as you're done with summer classes?

I would say make sure you are going to KILL these classes the second time around because the retaking it and not doing so could be a serious red flag to adcoms. And don't forget, summer classes are extremely accelerated. best of luck to you!