What should I do next?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grace10107

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got rejected from Dugoni Dental School just today, the only school I applied for
I go to UOP and was in the 3+3 program with 3.39 sgpa and 3.46 overall
DAT TS was 23 with non below 20. Had 100+ shadowing experience in Korea and in Guam (US territory) but non in CA. I was pretty sure I will get accepted after the interview but I was rejected, guess my interview was bad..?
I have enough credit to graduate this summer.
What should I do next?
Should I graduate and shadow in CA and then reapply other schools too or should I not graduate and go one more semester?
What more can I do to enhance my resume?

Members don't see this ad.

You might want to take another semester to raise your GPA and apply broadly on next cycle. Also, you can do shadowing to improve your application. Trust me, you will get multiple acceptances, so don't be frustrated too much and prepare for the next cycle.

Does it matter what state you shadow in?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got rejected from Dugoni Dental School just today, the only school I applied for
I go to UOP and was in the 3+3 program with 3.39 sgpa and 3.46 overall
DAT TS was 23 with non below 20. Had 100+ shadowing experience in Korea and in Guam (US territory) but non in CA. I was pretty sure I will get accepted after the interview but I was rejected, guess my interview was bad..?
I have enough credit to graduate this summer.
What should I do next?
Should I graduate and shadow in CA and then reapply other schools too or should I not graduate and go one more semester?
What more can I do to enhance my resume?
What I would recommend is to stay back a semester or two to take more science courses (full time, of course), no point of rushing to graduate in the summer unless you've already applied or have been accepted to a masters program. I would get involved in clubs and continue to talk with UoP's dental committee to see what they feel was lacking in your application.
Next cycle though, you should apply to more schools.

You might want to take another semester to raise your GPA and apply broadly on next cycle. Also, you can do shadowing to improve your application. Trust me, you will get multiple acceptances, so don't be frustrated too much and prepare for the next cycle.

Thankyou, it really made me feel better :)

What I would recommend is to stay back a semester or two to take more science courses (full time, of course), no point of rushing to graduate in the summer unless you've already applied or have been accepted to a masters program. I would get involved in clubs and continue to talk with UoP's dental committee to see what they feel was lacking in your application.
Next cycle though, you should apply to more schools.
Yes, I really regret not applying to more schools... I feel like I would have been accepted to at least one if I applied to a lot more
I believed in the program too much :(

Yes, I really regret not applying to more schools... I feel like I would have been accepted to at least one if I applied to a lot more
I believed in the program too much :(

you have a good DAT but your GPA is on the lower side, I recommend applying to 15 schools minimum next time!

Did your adviser know you only applied to one?
I'm a Junior now and the program here is a 3+3 so I wasn't able to graduate.
Only by going to Dugoni I could transfer credit and earn the degree so I only applied to Dugoni :(

Your GPA is totally fine, and your DAT also helps. Definitely need to shadow in CA, and apply to more schools. UOP is a tough school to get accepted to.

You must have really did something poorly during the interview.