What should I do?? Where do I go from here MCAT issue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adaze

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello To All,

I have a dilemma. I was suppose to retake the Mcat again before the new MCAT comes out but unfortunately there are no available test dates. I'm going to keep checking just incase someone cancels. Traveling to a test site out of town really isn't an option due to finances. If I have to take the new MCAT would I have to COMPLETELY study over (I used TPR material for 2014 MCAT version ), or would I just have to add the new material that's being added and continue to review over everything I already know???

I don't think the sociology and psychology would be a major issue for me since my undergrad degree is B.S of Psychology. Now Biochemistry, I didn't take that class but I'm sure I can get the material master before April test date. Where do I go from here?????? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad.

You could check regularly, as additional dates seem to open up when people cancel. As a second best option, can you enroll in a class for the spring semester in Biochem and supplement with self-studying.

Members don't see this ad :)
You could check regularly, as additional dates seem to open up when people cancel. As a second best option, can you enroll in a class for the spring semester in Biochem and supplement with self-studying.
okay thanks!! i'll keep that in mind. I thought about just doing self study all together for biochem thank you for your response

You definetely do not have to study all over. https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/mcat2015/testsections/ This link gives you a general overview of the sections and biochemistry, psyhcology, sociology is the new stuff added in here. There are more questions and it is a longer test, but nothing you cannot prepare for. Just buy a new mcat prep book and study. If you take it in May then you have plenty of time to learn the material. Don't rush it so you can take the old MCAT and do badly on it

You definetely do not have to study all over. https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/mcat2015/testsections/ This link gives you a general overview of the sections and biochemistry, psyhcology, sociology is the new stuff added in here. There are more questions and it is a longer test, but nothing you cannot prepare for. Just buy a new mcat prep book and study. If you take it in May then you have plenty of time to learn the material. Don't rush it so you can take the old MCAT and do badly on it
Okay thanks!!!