What should i do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

destinysearcher

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am 24, asian, non-EU student

attained bachelor of science (applied chemistry)
major gpa: 3.4X
overall gpa: 3.3X

about to graduate from a MPhil in science (chemistry)
overall gpa: 3.67
with 1 accepted manuscript and 1 submitted manuscript

IELTS: 7.5
listening: 8.0
reading: 8.0
writing: 6.0
speaking: 7.0

i have wide range of volunteering experience except hospital volunteering experience. (i looking for opportunities in the mean time)

i want to be a doctor.

I've been preparing for MCAT (12/9), UKCAT, BMAT and GAMSAT-Ireland.

What kind of medical school should i look for?
Where should i study? i want to try else where e.g. England/US/Carribean/Ireland/...?

I really need your advice and suggestions. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I assume you're an international student? It's hard to say what your options are without knowing your class rank and MCAT score. If you're top 10% of your class and pull out a 32+ on the MCAT, I'd imagine you're probably in decent shape for a U.S. acceptance. I really don't know too much about what the process is like for internationals, though, so get more opinions.

yes, i am an international student and should be top 10% in my class.

Thanks MilkmanAl.

Members don't see this ad :)
according to some information i read: i know that out of state us-citizens have a lower priority of entering the medical school, and even a lower priority is given to international student. Is that true?

If it is so..Britain or Ireland, which one is better?

Yes, it's true that international applicants often have to meet higher standards than U.S. residents. It seems like all international applicants get an equal shake, but Canadians might get a slight advantage. In other words, Britain and Ireland are probably on equal footing.