What the heck is this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Big Sneez

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone do the case challenges over on QuantiaMD? I'm trying to get this week's one, but I'm stuck. I think I'm just too distracted by the utter nastiness of the picture. That one makes me shiver. Anyway, anyone have ideas?

>S

Edit:
If you don't know what I'm talking about, here's the link

http://quantiamd.com/player.jsp?d=eecaa54e8b9d6c9b3a32f3a5e8561b1a&g=25357&cid=61&r=1&u=slr

Members don't see this ad.

I picked Pneumococcal meningitis which it turns out a lot of people chose but I dunno what the right answer is. Lemmings can all jump off the same cliff but the one in the back who doesn't jump is still the winner. Anyway it all just seemed to point to infection which kind of ruled out some of the others that were more physiological and they didn't emphasize travel history so kuru is kind of out eosinophilic meningitis is out because they emphasized neutrophils so a lot of the choices selected themselves out based upon what was emphasized and what wasn't explained. So that was my guess. Also thanks for putting the link up I'm gonna play more on this site.

I picked Pneumococcal meningitis which it turns out a lot of people chose but I dunno what the right answer is. Lemmings can all jump off the same cliff but the one in the back who doesn't jump is still the winner. Anyway it all just seemed to point to infection which kind of ruled out some of the others that were more physiological and they didn't emphasize travel history so kuru is kind of out eosinophilic meningitis is out because they emphasized neutrophils so a lot of the choices selected themselves out based upon what was emphasized and what wasn't explained. So that was my guess. Also thanks for putting the link up I'm gonna play more on this site.

I went the same way, for what that's worth.