What to do after submitting???!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I feel bad I submitted my VMCAS so early because now I have over 200+ Equine hours. Think I can mention that at the interviews? Haha
Mizzou specifically asks during their interviews if you've gotten more experience since applying! I don't know if you applied there, but other schools might do the same.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm still waiting on OSU to send out the supplemental info too. Then, finally, I can be done. Not that this year was terribly taxing on my efforts due to the autofilling of info from last year's app.

As for what I'm going to do after submitting - looking for a new job/internship/volunteer gig. When I have too much unstructured downtime, I get really lazy and unmotivated. I'm only a part time student right now so I need something else to do. I have a master's project to work on, but I need something else to help fill in the weeks.

Sadly, the paid job prospects over the last couple of weeks in my area have been very discouraging.

What I did after submitting: Picked up a new hobby.

Yeah, continuing to volunteer and gain experience is important, no doubt about that. BUT you might not have the time in vet school to explore different hobbies...and stress relief is incredibly important! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a non-traditional re-applicant and I've decided that this is the year I WILL get in! I've only applied to Penn in the past (my in state school). This year I applied to Penn, VMRCVM, UGA, ISU, Guelph and MidWestern (listed by preference as of right now). I'm really excited and nervous especially since it will likely mean moving with my 16yo son and 3 dogs and 3 cats! My VMCAS application is still listed as "meeting requirements" and I'm anxious for it to be verified so I can send in my supplemental for Guelph.

Now that I have everything submitted I'm spending my time reading SDN, checking VMCAS and the ISU portal, working and finishing up my research paper so I can finally complete my master's degree.

Good luck to everyone that is applying this year, who knows, maybe next year we will be classmates!

Reactions: 1 users
So let's see. Now that we're through the application period, we move into the "Argh the waiting is killing me" phase, followed by the "OMG I'M SO NERVOUS FOR MY INTERVIEW, WHAT SHOULD I WEAR????" phase, and into the split "What do I need to change to get in next year?" and "OMG, I'm going to vet school!!!!!!1111!!!! I'm going to start studying NOWWWWW!" phases.

Did I miss anything?

(For the pre-vets ... this is just some mild teasing. Relax. I know it's a bit stressful. You'll be ok.)

Reactions: 4 users
So let's see. Now that we're through the application period, we move into the "Argh the waiting is killing me" phase, followed by the "OMG I'M SO NERVOUS FOR MY INTERVIEW, WHAT SHOULD I WEAR????" phase, and into the split "What do I need to change to get in next year?" and "OMG, I'm going to vet school!!!!!!1111!!!! I'm going to start studying NOWWWWW!" phases.

Did I miss anything?

(For the pre-vets ... this is just some mild teasing. Relax. I know it's a bit stressful. You'll be ok.)

There's the School 1 vs. School 2 (or more) threads that plague the boards in the spring. hehe

Reactions: 2 users
I started a new job at a mixed animal practice yesterday. :thumbup: I'm continuing to widen my experiences now that everything is in. Obviously I hope to get in on my first try but, if not, at least I'll already be working towards improving my next application!

The Ohio State College of Veterinary Medicine's supplemental is due October 31st at 1:00 PM so you should be ok but they're PPI is due October 15th. just to let you know. :)
WHY did I not know about this??

Sooooo now that we have all applied why don't we share where we applied to???

I went a little crazy, because I really don't want to go through this all again!
Tufts, Ohio, VMRCVM, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Kansas, Iowa, Illinois, and I threw in Lincoln Memorial at the last minute...still a little up in the air about that one though, but I figured what the heck! :p